News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fourth Weekend ahead

Started by rengypsy, February 27, 2012, 08:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

this weekend was grand at sherwood.  our new batch of weather druids were much better than the las.  perfect time among you all. spirits were high.

we are looking forward to a big 4th weekend to mark the half way point in Sherwood 2012 (whoops, i mean 1191).

camp grounds should be rockin and rolling. thiis saturday night in patrons' campground was quiet.  we reasoned that the rv fire at 5am on saturday morning had folk resting that evening.

our clan folk did a quick and efficient job with all of their fire extinguishers at having the fire out before the volunteer fire dept made into our woods.  Kudos to your actions.

it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

*Teach*

I was there and was extremely impressed with how fast drunken rennies can sober up and take care of an emergency.
I was also one of those who crashed kinda early the next night. I think I made it to 10:30.
I posted to my clan but want to point out to everyone here... bring a shovel or a fire extinguisher to camp if you have them. The folk that brought the 20-30 shovels saved a lot of other peoples gear.
I'm not sure yet if I can make this weekend... hoping to at least day trip Saturday.

*got rum and ready to go. Now just have to figure out if I can lol*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Merlin the Elder

I, for one, would like a rennie reporter to give the details on what went on! No injuries, I trust?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

mpullen

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on February 27, 2012, 03:51:11 PM
I, for one, would like a rennie reporter to give the details on what went on! No injuries, I trust?

No injuries. Just alot of neighbors doing the right thing and taking care of the problem.

Many folks now sensitive to having fire extinguishers and making safe firepits.

rengypsy

great weather planned.

lets fill the campgrounds.

brian and i wander the campgrounds looking for parties late at night.

we will likely be there friday and saturday nights invading campsites with our empty steins...lol

PollyPoPo

Quote from: rengypsy on February 28, 2012, 08:51:45 AM

brian and i wander the campgrounds looking for parties late at night...

So that's why I always miss you.  They can kind of set the clock by me - 9:30 and I'm out. ::)

It's a real treat when I can stay awake til 10:00 or so.

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

rengypsy

i am older than most out there...it hurts sometime, but i gotta do it.  its a family reunion.  often quite spiritual for me, really.

C Dragonworks

I wish I still camped...but I prefer a real bed and with animals....day trippin' is about it!

SirRichardBear

Quote from: rengypsy on February 28, 2012, 11:17:14 AM
i am older than most out there...it hurts sometime, but i gotta do it.  its a family reunion.  often quite spiritual for me, really.

Looks like things have worked out for me to be attending this weekend will be camping and always have a extra helping of food and a wee bit of the breath of the highlands for visitors.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin