News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A WARNING to people who would buy from the Goblin King.

Started by Kimba Nevil, October 31, 2008, 07:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimba Nevil

I juist wanted to warn anyone who is considering ordering armor from the Goblin King.

My wife ordered custom armor from the Goblin King at the 2007 Arizona Ren Fest.  She paid for it and the shipping.  We told William that we wanted it by July so that she could wear it at Bristol.  William said that it would not be a problem.  July rolled around and we had not heard from William.  We finally got in touch with him and he shipped the armor.  Once we got it and she tried it on we found that it did not fit.  We called William again and he said ship it back and he would fix it.  After that we spoke to him a few times and he told us various tales of woe.  We spoke to him last at TRF last year.  That is the last that we heard from him and we still do not have the armor.

That being said I warn anyone considering ordering armor from William "The Goblin King", DO NOT DO IT!
Yes he does wonderful work but only buy what he has in stock at the shop.  If you order from him you may never see the product or your money again.

I am not the only person that this has happened to.  There are several posts from other people on the Goblin Nation Community Site.

Let the buyer beware!
Landshark #80

Taarna

Aye,  my daughter's BF, whome had never been to TRF before ordered a custom sheath for a dagger he had made, and we were told pick it up Celtic Christmas weekend, and it still wasn't ready.

We gave address and phone numbers and were toldit would be shipped.... we never have seen the sheath, and have never recieved our money back (which is what I would like at this point since the boy no longer has the dagger)

After all this time I don't even know where the receipt I had has gone. Probably lost to Ike...

But tales of whoa... yes, same thing we got... broken into, stolen from, cleaned out, inside job, ect. ect... I call bullnanny!
A chill in the air, over your shoulder, the Ice Queen's cold stare, you can only be one place. The Texas Ren Faire!

sword1

Hi,

I just wanted to add a few comments on this post since it has been a few years since William Komons has gone undergorund and typical to his M.O. he will probably be showing up again in the not too distant future. I was one of the people he stole from by accepting a commission  - paid in full up front - and after a litany of excuses he disappeared. Here is what I know of the guy -

He was known as "Lorin" when he was based out of Vermont before he disappeared
He was known as "Dark Elf" when he was based out of New York before he disappeared
He was known as "Cartagia" somewhere between NY and AZ
He was known as "Goblin King" when he was based in Arizona and Texas before he disappeared

I have heard the "broken into and stuff stolen" twice now as an excuse and several others too.

Please keep an ear out for him rising out of the Goblin King ashes - if anything, we can prevent someone else getting ripped off by this guy

Thanks

escherblacksmith

Huh, I was just thinking about this guy (well, the whole goblin world thing he had going) the other day.

I'll leave it up as I don't think it is saying anything untoward, or more so than before. 
--

psparks44

I own an online store that sells LARP gear which also works well for Ren Festivals (I'm not in this thread to plug it, don't worry). But I receive emails all of the time from potential customers who want me to verify that I am legit because they've been burned in the past. So it burns me up (pun intended) to read this type of post because it creates so much mistrust. The gear is not cheap because it's mostly hand-crafted. And that guy really ruins the stores trying to make an honest living. I'm saying this so you all know that there are honest sellers out there.

sword1

No offense to a legitimate business is meant. If this guy does show up again, I (and many, many others) would like to warn people to only pay for goods either "on the rack" at a fair or after the commission is completed and in hand. I looked at your site and the products look great but I have one suggestion. One thing that could help legitamize your site is to identify yourself, there is not one bit of info to potential buyers as to who they are dealing with and this is typically a warning sign - "who is this and what reason do they have to hide". There are a lot of sites out there where the stuff looks great but there is the same problem -  because the sellers do not actually identify themselves, I steer clear. Again, no offense just a suggestion that may clear up the verification issue.

Thanks