News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Parade

Started by Lady Kett, March 08, 2012, 04:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kett

Having a memory lapse...is the parade at Noon or 1:00? (It's not changing this year is it? :))

Many thanks for those with better a better memory than me! Merlin must have cast a spell to push some of his years and senility my way...

Merlin the Elder

It depends on which time zone you're in, but from where I'll be, it's at 1:00 p.m.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

SirRichardBear

looks like the schedule has been updated.  Parade is listed at the same time, some new acts listed and the time and place of Scottish court moved.  Some good limited acts on the list glad to see Aerial Angels back
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

BagPipeBabe

DanielleGuinnMKT

Hello all. I am in the process of updating the schedule. The parade is at the same time...1:00pm. Unfortunately I have not yet updated the Limited Engagement...Aerial Angels will not be returning, but we have some great Limited Engagement acts. I hope to have it up tomorrow and trust me all of you on Renaissance Festival.com will be the first to know!! Simultaneously with our Facebook followers of course...I hope you are all fans of ours on Facebook...www.facebook.com/srfestival!
Danielle Guinn
Director of Marketing
Scarborough Renaissance Festival
972-938-3247 x30
Danielle@srfestival.com

DonaCatalina

I guess I will wait a while before I check the performers' schedules again. Will you be marching this year Lady Kett?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Kett

Quote from: DonaCatalina on March 09, 2012, 05:18:12 AM
I guess I will wait a while before I check the performers' schedules again. Will you be marching this year Lady Kett?

Nope, not me! Tried that a few times and it was like a bad memory of band camp in high school lol.

Sidekick probably will. I prefer to smile and wave.

angusmacinnes

Aw come on Kett you can do it.  Just do what I do.  Laugh out loud on the inside.
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Merlin

Yea...come on Kett.... suffer with the rest of us !
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

BagPipeBabe

How do I get to march in the parade with the Scots?? In the past I would wait by the friends of the fair area and when the Scots would walk by I would follow them in to the place were the parade stats from (I only did this one time).

SirRichardBear

Well BagPipeBabe  we're a pretty exclusive group with very stringent requirment

• You have to have a piece of plaid ( we always have some extra around for those that don't
  • have a weapon (again we have extra for those without}
  •  want to march in the parade
  • show up at the cottage between 12 and 12:30
:-*

Really its that simple if you have reasonable period grab and want to march come by the cottage if you have something plaid a scarf or such fine but even there we often have extra around for people without and we have a handfull of regiment loaner weapons.  The biggest thing is to remember we march so military bearing no smiling or waving and keeping in step  the last is best effort required only.   If your interested or have question just look me up before 12 and I can walk you over and answer any question.   Come to the Scot side we have scotch and cookies.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

raevyncait

Quote from: SirRichardBear on March 19, 2012, 02:01:16 PM
 Come to the Scot side we have scotch and cookies.

The question is, do you SHARE the scotch & cookies? Over on the Darkside, we told you we had them, we never promised to share them...
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

SirRichardBear

Scotch is best when shared with friends so we share for entirely selfish reasons.
Benjamin Franklin

Merlin

Quote from: SirRichardBear on March 19, 2012, 03:12:05 PM
Scotch is best when shared with friends so we share for entirely selfish reasons.

It's a tradition.... a wonderful wonderful tradition !
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

angusmacinnes

If your not sure of what cottage it is across from the Birds of Prey show. Just sayin.  ;D
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.