News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Please help me welcome him home properly!

Started by Blue66669, May 09, 2008, 12:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue66669

My little brother Patrick has been in the Army for close to two years. He recently did a tour in Afghanistan, where they found out that he had Type 1 Diabetes. He was immediately shipped home, which was about 2 months ago. He's been in a sort of military "limbo", waiting to find out if he'll be dismissed from service. Patrick is currently stationed in Ft.Campbell, KY, right across the TN/KY border. I've talked him into coming to RenDezvous with me!

We haven't seen each other since he's been home, and I'd like to make sure that he's welcomed into our group with the same warm friendly feeling that was extended to me. Thanks guys!
Blaidd Drwg

CapnFayeCutler

Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Sir LJ

Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

The Red Horseman / Marine'n M'Crack

LadyOren

I can't be there in person, but here's a super big hug for him anyways. Welcome home!
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

Lady Renee Buchanan

God bless our service men and women.  A big hug from Lady Renee awaits him.  Plus jumping up and down and clapping her hands!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Molden

He'll at least come away asking you "Who in the Hell was THAT?!?"  ;)
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Escarlata

Leinad says he'll be made to feel like he's part of the fairemily .... and there's a succubus' greeting ready for him *grinning* if he's willing.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Blue66669

*snort giggles*

Oh hell, he's the brother of the Empress, he's ALWAYS willing.
Blaidd Drwg

Old Tinker

as thee wish our blue,
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Syrilla

Make sure you introduce him!  We will welcome him with open arms and a thankful heart.

Ottheinrich

Blue66669

***UPDATE***

Unfortunately, my little brother was a VERY bad monkey, so now he's grounded to the base for the weekend. I'll still be running to see him in KY, before the Meet & Greet. He sends his heartfelt thanks, and warm grattitude for all the love and support "those Rennie people you hang out with" have shown him and me. See you all soon!

*****UPDATE AGAIN*****

Well, he's got clearance to LEAVE!!! Little brother is coming to FAIRE!!!
Blaidd Drwg

CapnFayeCutler

Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Capt Lucy

Yay!! the more the merrier!!!  I can't wait to meet everyone as well!  :D
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

fluffy tail

Good to hear he can come. :D Will be a pleasure to meet him and tell him thank you.
IWG #3371
Royal Wine Taster
Tinker #2
FOKTOP
landshark #38