News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Any Tips for Miami with Preschooler?

Started by Rosamundi, March 18, 2012, 07:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosamundi

Merry met! My 3-year-old and I are attending the Miami faire for the first time, during the last weekend of March. We're from Colorado, so it's a big deal for the munchkin, who is still stomping in snowdrifts up here.

Any tips for can't-miss vittles or entertainment? Oh . . . and bagpipes? Much thanks!
Garb: lovingly hand-washed, gently pressed, and hung in climate-controlled closet. Mundane clothing: usually on floor.

Auryn

Warm welcomes to sunny Florida.
Well prepare for a temperature shock
yesterday it was 83o - today it was rain off and on with a high of about 78o

please make sure to put on lots of sunscreen spf 30 and above on both of you- and don't forget to reapply- the sun down here is a lot stronger than up north
also stay hydrated.

Wear comfy shoes-I vote no on sandals.
The entire site is on dirt paths and theres plenty of gravel to go around.

As far as entertainment, the kids enchanted forest is always a big hit with the kidlets
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Rosamundi

Thanks, Auryn! I was wondering about the site, so I appreciate the tips very much. Sunscreen, yes! I used to live in FLL/MIA and since I can't go clubbing now, Renning with my kid is the next best. :-)
Garb: lovingly hand-washed, gently pressed, and hung in climate-controlled closet. Mundane clothing: usually on floor.

Auryn

I honestly can't tell you much about the site.
They moved it from where it was before
and no one seems to know where they moved it to
they don't even have it listed on the website which is kinda weird considering it starts like in a week.

i would definitely carry an extra pair of shoes and socks in your car, just in case
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

isaacfawlkes

This is totally a shameless plug. Come see Isaac Fawlkes the Magician. Show is a family friendly comedy magic show.

Have not seen the schedule yet so check the program when you get the.

I can assure you the all the acts listed on the website will be a good time.

See you in Miami
Please come up and say hi.
Isaac