News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

One Month Until the Renaissance and Fantasy Faire of the Ozarks

Started by Lady Margarita, October 02, 2012, 09:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Margarita

The Renaissance and Fantasy Faire of the Ozarks is rapidly approaching.  On November 10-11, 2012, the Washington County Fair Grounds in Fayetteville, Arkansas will be transformed into the village of Crossroads, where the human realm and the magical realm of faeries and elves cross over for a weekend of merriment and fun. 

We have a great entertainment line up for our fall faire:
     Smee the Singing Executioner
     Jingly Bits
     Minstrel Sojourn
     Crazy Boy Coy
     Cutlass Cooking
     Peter Pixie
     The Wonder Exilir of Life Show
     Desert Wind Dancers
     Chiron the Bard
     Fugli
     Lady Nancy, Silly Songs of the Selchie
     Troubador Douglys of Howl-O

The Society of Creative Anachronism, Shire-March of Grimfells will be holding a tournament of champions to raise money for charities in NW Arkansas.  Each combatant will be fighting for a a charity of their choice and solicit donations for that charity.

The Order of the Purple Heart Veterans group in Fayetteville will be setting up a booth and asking for donations.  They will be auctioning off a raffle.

In honor of our veterans, RFFO will have a special presentation ceremony on Sunday, November 11 during the fair to honor all of our veterans. 

Our merchant row is growing.  Just a few of our merchants include

Mercenary Mercantile
     Bear Cross Forge
     Elf-N-Faerie Garb
     Henna by Genn
     Make-N-Faces
     Debria's Designs / Rings with Names
     Professional Dreamer
     The Dragon's Horde
     Meister's Realm
    R & B Snowpit and Concessions

The Rabbi

So looking forward to attending at least one day as I am in much need of a Fair break. With permission I would very much like to bring the Renaissance Bubble Machine. I am unsure of our attendance date but we will be there for at least one day. Cant wait.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

Lady Margarita

The Rabbi

This month needs to hurry up and end I am ready for RFFO. Hopefully others from the forum will see fit to attend as well.
Proud member of FOKTOP

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: The Rabbi on October 05, 2012, 10:13:08 AM
This month needs to hurry up and end I am ready for RFFO. Hopefully others from the forum will see fit to attend as well.
You talkin' to me, kid?

We'll be shortly returned from the east coast RenDezvous trip, but I am hoping to be able to work this in, even if it is just a partial day. Rabbi, do let me know which day you will be there. I want to catch up with you!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

The Rabbi

Okey after a brief discussion we will be at RFFO on Sunday Nov. 11th with the RBM in tow. Lets hope it is a pleasent day with no wind as I fear in route for the spring faire I felt a bit like Marilynn Monroe and Forgot to catch the Kilt more then once.
Proud member of FOKTOP

Merlin the Elder

Should I bring eye bleach?  I'll put the date on my calendar in hopes we can join you there!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

The Rabbi

I shall do my utmost best to keep me Kilt down just dont be anywhere near the truck when I am getting out. Still aint got that figured out lol. Add to that the chill what has been in the air can quickly turn a stud to look like a gelding.Starting to think I migh need to look into cold weather garb.
Proud member of FOKTOP

Craigmeister

Is there much preparing of the new site that has to be done?  Or will all of that happen a few days before the faire?  I'm glad the new site is still on the county fairgrounds and just right around the corner from the previous arena site.  That shouldn't be hard to find at all.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.