News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Performer's camp

Started by FinnAndFiona, November 21, 2011, 11:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinnAndFiona

Hello all...

Forgive the naiivete, but here goes:

I am used to performing at local faires, and camping Friday through Sunday in a tent, but my situation has changed such that I am interested in the ins and outs of taking a trailer to the road. So first, while I know that most performer contracts allow for free camping space, is it generally permissable to stay through the week? Or would we need to find another place to stay on off days? And second, how frequently are RV hookups available?

Thank you for your patience my friends...

Liz Briggs/Fiona
Finn & Fiona: Everything from banshees to bagpipe, stories, songs, and dance from the Celtic Nations.

McGuinness

What faire(s)? I'd think each one has their own policies and restrictions. Maybe contact the entertainment directors (or whoever hires the performers) at the faires you're interested in for details on what they include in the contracts and camping agreements.

DonaCatalina

I would recommend contacting the individual fairs. Each one has its rules and restrictions. My husband's cousins leave an RV year round at Scarby, but I think Scarborough is the exception.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Dinobabe

I'm pretty sure you can leave trailers at MN and Bristol.  TN has no camping at all.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Sitara

MNRF if you get a camp spot, you can stay all week. The RV spots tend to get filled up first and there are some electric hook ups.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

ravic

At TRF, you can leave your RV set up in the official Participant's Camp for the run of the show but you cannot live there during the week. There are private campgrounds off of the faire property that many of the participants use for that reason.