News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

prayers, good vibes and thoughts for the pp and i

Started by LadyStitch, April 05, 2012, 05:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyStitch

sadly the PP and i were part of the large JcPenney layoffs this morning. Any good thoughts, prayers, spells whatever , is apprecitated.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Captain Teague

The Code is the Law...

Alerrick Afon Adou

My thoughts and prayers are with your family. You two will bounce back bigger and better, than you were before...................Huzzah

Merlin the Elder

Stitch! That's terrible! I can't believe they would lay you both off at the same time.  There ought to be a law... All of my positive energy is being directed to you kids...  :-*
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Evie McCann

So sorry to hear about that. I'm sure with your talents you guys will find new jobs soon.
aka. Lady Eve

DonaCatalina

Sorry to hear about that. I hope you both find good jobs soon.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Bob of the Lake

So sorry to hear your news, LadyStitch. Good luck finding new jobs--sending good vibes your way.
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

PollyPoPo

>:(  That just ... well, can't say that here.

Thinking of you and PP and sending all the good vibes I can pull from the universe today.
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

Brother Gregory

Sorry to hear that. I know what it's like I was downsized from a job back in 2003. You guys will have my thoughts and prayers.

LadyStitch

We are staying positive on this. We are spending to day moping and doing things to make us feel better. (fuzzlet is at easter egg hunt/ spring party for her last day of day care.)  funny enough when we were doing some of our errands we had a couple good leads pop up.  I will say this, make sure you network with any one you know, and trust me being a good person to everyone does help you in the long run. 

On the positive side creativity wise,  this means the PP is free to do his custom puppet work, and I now have time to do any custom sewing needed.  If you need examples of my work, they are all over the site, and I have examples on my online stores and facebook. 
All in all the PP and I are staying positive.  This weekend we are spending it with one group of family, and next we will be celebrating Merlin and Nim's wedding at scarby with our Ren family.  During the week we are going to contiune to work on resumes, network, and keep putting one foot in front of the other. 

Alerrick Afon Adou

Ladystitch where is your online store?..............Huzzah

Merlin the Elder

Stitch, I'm touched that you'd even think about us while you have this on your plate, but we'll be so happy to have you there... Lots of hugs to all three of you...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

amy

Oh I am so sorry to hear about this.   It is such a blow for any family.   Best of luck to you both for quick placement.   

LadyStitch

I use wepay.com instead of etsy.  We pay handles everything without dealing with pay pal.

My two shops are "Grandma's cedar chest" for the children's clothing.  Then my custom sewing is "Lady stitch Apparel". I also have a facebook page. I haven't gotten all my custom items up on my Lady stitch we pay site yet.

Merlin,  The last time I was laid off (for 4 days) we had planned to take a vacation to NZ. we decided to still go dispite what happened.  Because of that trip, I got the position at the school, and my theater and sewing jobs now.  Everything happens for a reason.

iain robb

Quote from: LadyStitch on April 06, 2012, 02:07:29 PM
Everything happens for a reason.

Huzzah to that. Not to the layoffs, of course, but to the future. We can either worry about the fact that next to nothing is guaranteed, or enjoy the adventure that is life. Keep that great attitude, and you'll be fine.