News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2012 Rendezvous Carolina Renaissance Festival

Started by Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia, April 09, 2012, 07:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

It is Spring and the 2012 Faire Season is underway!  Plans are coming together for the annual Rendezvous gathering to be held at the Carolina Renaissance Festival on Halloween Weekend.

We have procurred a very generous area for our use both days from 3 - 4:30pm for group pictures, fun & games.  Of course Saturday we will have the traditional Musical Men! 

Sunday we go to you the people, what would you like to see offered for Sunday fun?

"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on April 09, 2012, 07:15:21 AM
...Sunday we go to you the people, what would you like to see offered for Sunday fun?
I'm quite sure that Lady Kett, and my own lovely Nimue would agree that you are asking a dangerous question around me... I'll respond when I can think of something appropriate for a more genteel conclave...

PS: We are very much looking forward to RenDezvous!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

iain robb

A couple of years back, at Maryland, they did a type of scavenger hunt where we had to go around and do things like -- and I am making this up because I don't remember a specific example -- count the number of dragons on the sign at the Dragon's Pub. I enjoyed that because it made me go around the faire looking at things I may have missed otherwise.

Merlin the Elder

I missed the Pub Crawl at the Colorado RenDezvous because my hearing is so bad, I didn't hear them talking about it at the mixer the night before...

Ms Trish

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 09, 2012, 02:21:28 PM
I missed the Pub Crawl at the Colorado RenDezvous because my hearing is so bad, I didn't hear them talking about it at the mixer the night before...

The pub crawl at CORF was fun! It wasn't required to purchase a beverage at each one, but to seek all of them out and get signed off by one of the servers. It really did have us making the rounds of the grounds to find them all.

The scavenger hunt sounds fun too....same end result of getting around the faire grounds.
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Ms Trish on April 09, 2012, 02:56:30 PM....The scavenger hunt sounds fun too....same end result of getting around the faire grounds.
...as long as they don't hide something up some highlander's kilt...yeah, I know you'd like that, Trish!  :o

Ms Trish

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 09, 2012, 03:58:22 PM
Quote from: Ms Trish on April 09, 2012, 02:56:30 PM....The scavenger hunt sounds fun too....same end result of getting around the faire grounds.
...as long as they don't hide something up some highlander's kilt...yeah, I know you'd like that, Trish!  :o

Hey now! I don't discriminate like that! He wouldn't HAVE to be a highlander...  ;)

Lady Kett

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 09, 2012, 07:24:29 AM
Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on April 09, 2012, 07:15:21 AM
...Sunday we go to you the people, what would you like to see offered for Sunday fun?
I'm quite sure that Lady Kett, and my own lovely Nimue would agree that you are asking a dangerous question around me... I'll respond when I can think of something appropriate for a more genteel conclave...

PS: We are very much looking forward to RenDezvous!

P'shaw, you're easy. You just need some JD! ;)

Scavenger hunt sounds fun. I totally missed that at Maryland! Might be fun to do some sort of scavenger hunt with the R/F Members. Like finding a bunch of different people from the forums there to find their favorite show, favorite shop, favorite cast member etc etc. No repeating persons in your list (so if I give you my favorite show, you can't use me for anything else). A mix of scouting out the Faire and mixing (and hanging out with each other.)

iain robb

Well, there was a prize for the Scavenger Hunt at Maryland -- an Ulfric mug -- so I was totally into it.  ;)

Ms Trish

Merlin the Elder

Anyone booked rooms yet? Curious to know where everyone plans to be.

iain robb

We're staying at the La Quinta Charlotte Airport North, only because we got a very good deal through their rewards program. I don't guess we'll see anyone else there ... it's a bit of a drive from Faire.

However, we are open to changing that depending on where others are staying.

Ms Trish

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 30, 2012, 09:06:30 AM
Anyone booked rooms yet? Curious to know where everyone plans to be.

I have a room reserved just in case, but was hoping to see what the "official" hotel/group rates were going to be. Currently at the Sleep Inn Lake Norman, I think?

Hibernian

The Pub Crawl is an adventure close my heart, especially as we serve Guinness in Fairhaven (CRF). Finding them is not that hard but the crawl will take you from within an arrow's flight of the front gate to the far end of the village. You will definitely see the sights. And not to worry, it case you prefer something to drink that sunshine may pass through, there are other adult beverages available.

The scavenger hunt is also possible, and I think Lady Kett's idea should be incorportaed into it somehow. Thankfully, we have time to put that one together.

Where is everyone staying? Ian Robb is correct, the airport vicinity is a wee bit of a drive, not impossible since it will be the weekend and we'll be coming early for tailgate and opening cannon. In the past and as recently as two weekends ago for the Loch Norman Highland Games we have used the Microtel in Cornelius, NC. Usually we get a decent price and they have fridges in the room as well. Close to the food, drink, and pubs. The local committee should have a price to announce shortly. If you search on line for it, please do not be worried about lousy reports from several years past. the management we work with is newer than those "reports" and Lady Mikayla will take a look to make sure everything is above board.

Lady Mikayla has been in contact with CRF management and now that May has arrived we should start posting updates and definite information. We realize that with prices being what they are and will be, the longer you have to plan and look for deals the better. If you have questions, please don't be shy (not that being shy is ever a problem for an R/F crowd) and ask away. Somebody will have an answer (hopefully yhr right one).
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Merlin the Elder

I may have to opt for one of the nearby Hampton Inns. If all goes as planned, we may be watching our travel budget a little more closely. I may have enough points for the entire stay by the end of this month.