News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2012 Rendezvous Carolina Renaissance Festival

Started by Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia, April 09, 2012, 07:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

Looking at the Hilton site, the Cornelius NC Hampton can be had for minimal HHonors points... 15 minutes from faire, and it would mean "free" lodging for the weekend, and still have plenty of points left for other trips.  It's a few minutes further away from the pub, but that's fine...   Anyone familiar with the area? Anyone else planning to stay there?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Hibernian

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on May 19, 2012, 07:29:02 AM
Looking at the Hilton site, the Cornelius NC Hampton can be had for minimal HHonors points... 15 minutes from faire, and it would mean "free" lodging for the weekend, and still have plenty of points left for other trips.  It's a few minutes further away from the pub, but that's fine...   Anyone familiar with the area? Anyone else planning to stay there?

The area is fine as its typical just off the interstate mix of hotels, fast food, and some small shopping areas. In other words, its safe and if you can get it with points, all the better. Its nicely placed for you to get just about anywhere you wish at an easy drive.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Merlin the Elder

Sounds good, Hiberian. Thanks! As soon as Nimue nails down her vacation time, we'll book that hotel.

Also, I was just doing some research on one of my ancestors, and was stunned to find out that the Edna Mae Blumenthal Performing Arts Center exists in downtown Charlotte! We had no idea that she (my great-aunt) had been so honoured!  My granddad also had a photography business downtown, which his widow sold many years ago, but still bears his name: Kuglers' Studio. It appears that it is only a few blocks from the center.

Anyone form the Charlotte area know anything regarding these things? We're going to try to visit them when we come.

EDIT: I may have misread some material I found on the Blumenthal Center. I'll need to look further into that....

Merlin the Elder

I don't know where everyone else is planning on staying, but we'd be happy to share your company at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Cornelius I-77 North (http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/north-carolina/hampton-inn-charlotte-cornelius-i-77-north-CLTCRHX/index.html) It appears to be about 15 minutes to the faire.   We are now booked there, arriving Friday, leaving Monday.

Lady Kett

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on June 12, 2012, 04:15:30 PM
I don't know where everyone else is planning on staying, but we'd be happy to share your company at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Cornelius I-77 North (http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/north-carolina/hampton-inn-charlotte-cornelius-i-77-north-CLTCRHX/index.html) It appears to be about 15 minutes to the faire.   We are now booked there, arriving Friday, leaving Monday.

Alas, we will probably not be able to go. That whole "used up all your vacation during a leave of absence thing". Pout...Not 100% certain yet, but probably 99% no-go. <cry> Send pics!

Ms Trish

Quote from: Lady Kett on June 12, 2012, 07:53:07 PM

Alas, we will probably not be able to go. That whole "used up all your vacation during a leave of absence thing". Pout...Not 100% certain yet, but probably 99% no-go. <cry> Send pics!

So go without vacation! You HAVE to be there! (I will be sad if not)
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Merlin the Elder

:-\ :'(  Won't you generate enough vacation time by then??  Like Ms Trish, I will has sads, too!

But in the meantime, Luv, you take care of Sidekick and get him back to 100%. You and the rehab people have done wonders. I thought he was doing really great closing weekend.  Love you guys...  :-*

iain robb

Quote from: Ms Trish on June 12, 2012, 08:32:14 PM

So go without vacation! You HAVE to be there! (I will be sad if not)

Julie and I would be quite sad as well.  :'(

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We are not either - the young squire turns 13 the following Monday and it would not do him just if we were to be away the weekend.  Asked if he would accompany us and he does not want to miss any school (dang intellectuals :) )
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lady Kett

Awww, sniff sniff y'all. We love y'all bunches and bunches too. And in both of our corporate americas, vacation doesn't accrue that way, Merlin. If you are just dying for details, PM me LOL. We are both out of vacation till 2013. And he's doing awesome! Family conference today at the rehab therapy place. Personally I hope they keep him unable to drive...it means I get to work part time <snicker> :)

iain robb

Maybe you could tell them you're going to be sick ...

Captain Teague

Simple logic.

Take Vaca Dayz till gone.....check.

Call in Sick Dayz till gone.....check.

Out of sick days, call in dead.

;D
The Code is the Law...

Ms Trish

Since I've not worked on a full time basis since my daughter was born 16 years ago, I can't say I understand a lot of the corporate hoopla regarding vacation days. Not that anyone wants to go without being paid, don't companies let you take unpaid vacation days? I hear people talk about not having vacation days all the time, but it seems to me that (if you can afford it), you could just take the days without pay.
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

iain robb

Well, the one good thing is, all this reminded me put in a vacation request form. Shouldn't be any problem getting it approved, since I'm practically running the place myself over the summer ...

Captain Teague

Quote from: Ms Trish on June 13, 2012, 02:24:28 PM
Since I've not worked on a full time basis since my daughter was born 16 years ago, I can't say I understand a lot of the corporate hoopla regarding vacation days. Not that anyone wants to go without being paid, don't companies let you take unpaid vacation days? I hear people talk about not having vacation days all the time, but it seems to me that (if you can afford it), you could just take the days without pay.

This meaning a lot of companies are now running all operations at half staff doing double duty work, which means they B&*%^ when anyone is off for ANY reason and vacation days just forces them to allow days off and they still do not like it at all. Unpaid days are not allowed. Last job I had, if you were sick and did not find your own replacement, you had to have a dr slip just for taking one day off for being sick. Of course they did not offer sick or vaca days at all anyway. Taking multiple days off in a row, you also had to make arrangements very far in advance or find your own person to cover your missed shifts.

(Yes, it's BS. But I'm pretty sure many are dealing with this issue )
The Code is the Law...