News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2012 Rendezvous Carolina Renaissance Festival

Started by Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia, April 09, 2012, 07:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Norfolk

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on November 05, 2012, 04:39:06 PM
What makes you think I'm dcsexily, Norfolk?

Your friend Jack told me.  :)
Just call me "Your Grace"

Merlin the Elder

Norfolk

Merlin the Elder

Now that it's all said and done, it would have been nice to have a few more of you at RenDezvous. We would have gotten a chance to get to know Norfolk and his Lady a bit better...Gauwyn and his Lady are always a pleasure, and it would have been nice to actually meet some of the other folks I banter with on the forum.

I don't know if the administrators who chose the site ever are on the forum anymore—I haven't seen signs of their participation in a long time—but, I would suggest altering the method of selection of RenDezvous. I've only been to two so far, but they are definitely getting smaller. While that makes for a more intimate gathering, it seems to defeat the purpose of having an R/F gathering at all.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We would have attended except for the fact we still have a child in school (and it was his 13th birthday). Summer months are a bit better for those with children.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Norfolk

The Duchess and I truly wanted to attend Rendezvous this year, especially since our cast roles in Colorado prohibited us from participating in most of the Rendezvous activities two years ago.  Alas, logistical problems and a family medical issue -- The Duchess' 88 year-old father is in failing health -- prevented us from making the trip.  We appreciate all of you who have told us that we were missed, but I assure you we missed you far more than you missed us.  Consequently, we're waiting with great anticipation to learn where Rendezvous 2013 will be held -- assuming, of course, that the Aztecs are proved wrong.

Merlin the Elder

I'm planning on going regardless of the Aztecs. They aren't invited anyway.

My thoughts are with the Duchess, your Dukeness. Sadly, I've experienced this part of the life cycle with both my parents now. One must consider the blessing of having had their company for so long. Having that many good memories eases the transition.

DeadBishop

I'm sorry I could not attend this year as originally planned.  After losing my job at the end of January, and still unemployed to this day, it just wasn't feasible.  Perhaps the next!   

As far as the selection process, so far there has been no one "perfect" way to do it.  I can guarantee that not everyone will be happy with the fair that is chosen, regardless of location.  The idea is to move it around so people in different areas of the country have the opportunity to attend.  If we were going for overall attendance, it would just be in Texas every year, and that somewhat defeats the point.  I'd like to think all members should have the chance to attend at least one, and the current selection process is the best way of ensuring that.  I myself have only had the opportunity to attend one Rendezvous.  Am I sad that I haven't been able to attend more?  Sure, who wouldn't be.  But I'm also pleased at the number of people who have been able to have the same opportunity at least once. 

The selection process for 2013 with begin soon!   

R/F.com member since 2003

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: DeadBishop on November 07, 2012, 03:44:14 AM....  If we were going for overall attendance, it would just be in Texas every year, and that somewhat defeats the point. ...

The selection process for 2013 with begin soon!   

heheh... Yeah, probably!  I might offer a thought for consideration. If the bidding faires select a date BEFORE final selection, that might also help with the selection to get the numbers up. Since it fell on AHE weekend, nobody from Texas was willing to give up TRF's big weekend. I guess we were about as close to Texans as there were.

Having it at various faires is important, most assuredly, but so is having participants. Glad to see you're still around...

Lady Nicolette

DB has it right, someone is always unhappy with the choice or the process, no matter what.  After many discussions of the best way, the way that it's been done has been decided upon as the most fair...And believe me, we've heard just about every possible way to do this over the years.

Glad you and Nyte made it to TN, btw, DB! :)
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

iain robb

A bit slow, I'm afraid, but here are my photos ...