News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Highland Fling Wedding!

Started by Autumn Blaize, April 13, 2013, 12:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Blaize

My best friend is getting married at Highland Fling! Being the wonderful bridesmaid that I am I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? I have read some in the wedding section but it seems not many of those are for TRF. We are part of a clan and will be setting up camp as soon as they will let us in and staying til monday morning( the wedding is Sunday). Just wanting some first hand experiences from my TRF forum friends! They have gotten the whole big thing so the inside stuff should be taken care of, I am more wondering about camping and making it a celebration.
Also if anyone knows they will be there that weekend, you are always welcome to come by and hang out! :)

KiltedPrivateer

We didn't do our wedding in TRF because they wouldn't let us use our minister.  However, we did do a reception in the camp ground.  I found a local supplier who delivered and set up a huge party tent.  We had the BBQ company in Magnolia cater it.  It was a lot of fun, even though we had a record high for opening weekend and many of our guest bailed early due to heat exhaustion.  If you want the info for the party tent let me know and I'll dig it out.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

LadyJessica

I know several people that rent party tents out at faire for theire wedding or just for the group, mine included.  Like KP said I'll give you the info if you want it.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Autumn Blaize

Never thought about renting a tent! did not think that was even possible! With the way november can be wet and raining that might be a good idea!!

Autumn Blaize

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on April 13, 2013, 03:39:22 PM
We didn't do our wedding in TRF because they wouldn't let us use our minister.  However, we did do a reception in the camp ground.  I found a local supplier who delivered and set up a huge party tent.  We had the BBQ company in Magnolia cater it.  It was a lot of fun, even though we had a record high for opening weekend and many of our guest bailed early due to heat exhaustion.  If you want the info for the party tent let me know and I'll dig it out.

They did not let you use your own minister?!?! OH NO! I thought they did. The couple has plans for one of our clan to be the minister, he has been ordained for years. I hope they changed that rule! Did they say why?

Riot

I know when some friends got married in 06 they let them use their own.. not sure if/when the rule changed then.
"I'm sweet, innocent, virginal, and full of all things goodness and light"

KiltedPrivateer

We were married in '04. At that time they would not allow us to use our own minister. They may have changed their policy since then. The policy then was that you had to use the TRF minister.

In the end it worked out for us because we eloped to Scotland. :-)

Sent via digital carrier pigeon

Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

KeeperoftheBar

You could always be like Teach and Lady Trinn, they were married in the campgound before opening.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Lady Laura

And it was beautiful to behold!  :)
"Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk."
-Sir Francis Chichester