News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I-24 Road construction 2012

Started by renfairephotog, April 12, 2012, 11:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfairephotog

I-24 Closures near downtown Nashville during festival.  Starts april 20 ends? Roads will not be closed Memorial day weekend.

The interstate will be shut down beginning Fridays at 9:00 p.m. and reopened no later than Mondays at 5:00 a.m.

I-24 West -- closed from Mile Marker 47.8 to Mile Marker 50.2
I-24 East --- closed from Mile Marker 46.8 to Mile Marker 48.0
The festival is off I-24 exit 78

During the 13 weekends, Interstate 24 will be closed in both directions from the I-24/I-65 split north of downtown to the I-24/I-40 split east of downtown. The closures are necessary due to the construction technique, as well as the safety of the workers and the motoring public. At certain times during construction, there will be openings in the bridge deck when the old deck is removed until the new panels are placed. These openings could lead to dangerous conditions and distractions if drivers were able to travel through the area.
Interstate traffic will detour around the work zone by taking the west loop around downtown Nashville. Motorists traveling westbound on I-24 or northbound on I-65 will take I-40 West to I-65 North, then back to I-24. Motorists traveling eastbound on I-24 or southbound on I-65 will take I-65 South to I-40 East, then back to I-24.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

renfairephotog

Also they will be working just west of the festival. The festival is off exit 78 they have just posted construction speed limit signs between 840 and Smyrna or exits 74-70. 4 miles of construction They signs just went up saturday.

UPDATED
It west and east bound, Right now there are sign at the start of construction with a few barrels and nothing till the end of the construction area. TDOT says it resurfacing work with temporary lane closures.
Fairy photographer

renfairephotog

Section Of I-24 Closed This Weekend For Bridge Work
Posted: Apr 20, 2012 6:20 AM CDT Updated: Apr 20, 2012 1:05 PM CDT

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A three-mile section of Interstate 24 will be closed this weekend near downtown Nashville to allow bridge work to be done.

I-24 eastbound and westbound will be closed from the I-24/I-65 split north of downtown to the I-24/I-40 split east of downtown beginning at 9 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday. Detour signs will be posted, directing motorists to take the west loop around downtown. Overhead message signs will direct motorists around the closure.

To view their list of detours and alternate routes, click here: http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/i24bridges/detours.shtml.
Fairy photographer

renfairephotog

Updat on road work near Festival exit. Between mile markers 70-74. New signage posted LAne will be close each night from 8pm-5am. So this shouldn't affect traffic during festival hours.
Fairy photographer

renfairephotog

They are working on the left hand lanes now. 8pm-5am.  they had 3 lane closed headed outbound from faire torwards smyrna/Nashville. Tonight was frist nigh I've seen traffic really backed-up. Lanes are open during the day but some left lane have are bumpy where they've removed the old asphalt.

I took  Murfreesboro rd which runs parallel to I-24 from  to Nashville.
Fairy photographer

BLAKDUKE

How is traffic on 96 from Franklin, any idea?????
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

renfairephotog

It gets backed up near the festival the only real problem I've had was at the big intersection before faire. WHere the a flea Market, gas station, and a Tractor supply store. Plus there's usually people collectiing for charity in the intersection and drivers are watching them and not the flow of traffic.
Fairy photographer

renfairephotog

Saturday is the Smyrna air show. It's off the same exit asthe i24 campgrounds so there will be extra traffic in the am.
Fairy photographer

Chelsy

Saturday like today, or next Saturday?
TNRF (2003-2015, 2017)
CRF (2012-present)
GARF (2015-present)
KYHRF (2005-2009)

renfairephotog

Fairy photographer

Old Tinker

RFP, we's be head'n thy way this come'n weekend, any new info on those carriage trails?
also, thanks for prior information, we's have and are watch'n things closely,
Ahhh Ha, only a couple of Sunrises and we's be at TNRF !!!  ;D
first ren of the year for us in 2012,
gonna be great, 99 degrees and NO Rain, faire better have plenty of water on hand,
Yes all must drink,      plenty of water tis what me means, ;)  no joke*
see all soon,
all travel safe, thanks again RFP,
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

renfairephotog

It's Memorial Day weekend. TDOT usually stops all construction on travel holidays. You should be fine.

Drink lots of water.  Also watch what you eat. stick with fruit plate and lite stuff.

This past Saturday there was a Church handing out water at the gates. Don't know if they were there with second harvest food drive. I don't know if they'll be back this wa the first time they've been there.
Fairy photographer

Old Tinker

Quote from: renfairephotog on May 23, 2012, 04:18:51 PM
It's Memorial Day weekend. TDOT usually stops all construction on travel holidays. You should be fine.

Drink lots of water.  Also watch what you eat. stick with fruit plate and lite stuff.

This past Saturday there was a Church handing out water at the gates. Don't know if they were there with second harvest food drive. I don't know if they'll be back this wa the first time they've been there.

always appreciate our RFP and his reports,
thank you good Sir,
Tink and Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

renfairephotog

TDOT is on twitter @nashville511 and @TN511
Fairy photographer