News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

a 30 minute project

Started by Lady Gryphon, April 21, 2012, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Gryphon

I don't know where to put this, but here goes

I am sick of my Camera strap ruining the look of my garb,  Every photo that is taken of me has the ugly Nikon strap.  So I took a Baldric we had laying around and not using, and I put grommets in the ends, now it will look like a piece of garb.  

It was a quick project, but it should make everything look better and I don't have to try and hide my camera anymore.
Why do I feel like I've worn something like this before?

gem

That sounds great!

I wear our point&shoot on my belt, and several years ago I got tired of the way the case looked--so I sewed a gold filigree ornament to it! It's not fooling anybody, but it does look more "festive," I guess.  ;D

Ms Trish

Quote from: Lady Gryphon on April 21, 2012, 05:11:37 PM
I don't know where to pu this, but here goes

I am sick of my Camera strap ruining the look of my garb,  Every photo that is taken of me has the ugly Nikon strap.  So I took a Baldric we had laying around and not using, and I put grommets in the ends, now it will look like a piece of garb. 

It was a quick project, but it should make everything look better and I don't have to try and hide my camera anymore.

Post a pic? I'd love to see it
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Ms Trish on April 22, 2012, 07:23:24 AM
Quote from: Lady Gryphon on April 21, 2012, 05:11:37 PM
I don't know where to pu this, but here goes

I am sick of my Camera strap ruining the look of my garb,  Every photo that is taken of me has the ugly Nikon strap.  So I took a Baldric we had laying around and not using, and I put grommets in the ends, now it will look like a piece of garb.  

Post a pic? I'd love to see it

Ms Trish, the last time I posted a pic I got suspended from the boards  ;D

Lady Gryphon, sounds cool.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Ms Trish

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on April 22, 2012, 01:53:47 PM

Ms Trish, the last time I posted a pic I got suspended from the boards  ;D

Lady Gryphon, sounds cool.

This is why I did not ask it of you, Lord Gauwyn! I can not stand another eyebleaching!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Lady Gryphon

Thanks to my handsome model  I now have a photo of my quick project.  It  looks like a baldric if someone want my photo and is a very sturdy Camera strap otherwise.  I can quickly tuck the Nikon behind me in the folds of my skirt and nobody knows the difference.

Why do I feel like I've worn something like this before?

Merlin the Elder

Cute jammies, Teague...  ;D
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Archer

Want a better world ?   Be a better person.

Every person is a new door to a different world.