News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Say "Goodnight," Gracie...

Started by Merlin the Elder, April 22, 2012, 08:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

...actually, Rosie.  Mom says she's ready, and wants to go. Although we'd like to have her hang around for a few more years, being bedridden and not being able to do anything for yourself is no way to live, much less exist. The time has come, and Mom, we're ready to let you continue your journey. We can take care of each other. With four sons and their wives, eight grandkids, some with spouses, and nine great-grandkids, you and Pappy left a helluva legacy. Go across the Rainbow Bridge, find Pappy, and be at peace. It's okay to let go. We love you...

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Gryphon

Merlin,

I am truly at a loss for words.  I lost my mum almost 7 years ago and my Step-dad a year after.  I feel you sorrow and I also know when it's time to let go and let her continue on her journey alone. 

You are in my thoughts and I hope you and your family can pull together and give her the strength she needs to continue on. 

Fair wind and following seas Ms Rosie, know you have raised you crew well, and they can take the helm at this point and sail on into the wind.

Why do I feel like I've worn something like this before?

Rani Zemirah

Good journeys, Miss Rosie... your rest is hard won and well deserved.  You've raised your family well, and given them what they need to carry on... and have declared yourself ready for whatever new adventures await within the Great Mystery.  That takes courage and strength of heart, and from all accounts you've always had an abundance of both.  I'll burn a candle to light the first few steps for you, although I believe your own inner light will take over from there.  

I'll be thinking of you, and your wonderful family, as you cross...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

The Rabbi

I was once told by my own Mother there is no such place as far away. Those words carried me to many foriegn countries and helped me survive several combat zones; It is truly amazing just how far a mothers hand can reach. She passed several years back and yes I have those times when I miss her but can truly say she was right as usual...There is no such place as far away. I still feel her reassuring touch often and when needed most. Rosie take your place amongst the stars and know that those you have left behind will always have you near them. Sweet and Peaceful journey.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

Bob of the Lake

May you have a peaceful journey, Rosie. You have left the world a wonderful legacy: your family.
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Merlin the Elder

Thanks, everyone.  The nurse said that it should be today or tomorrow. For Mom's sake, I hope they're right. 

Anna Iram

Merlin, I'm sorry. I know it's hard, no matter the circumstances. Peaceful thougts sent for you and your family, and of course for your Mother.

The Lady Mercedes

Thoughts, condolences, and lots of good vibes to the Merlin family! May she enjoy the fabulous party with friends & family I'm sure's waiting for her on the other side!
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Baron Frederick

Peacefull rest Rosie,though we have never met on this orb we will al be be friends some day.
Baron Frederick

Merlin the Elder

Mom took her last breath at 2:10 this morning.  I love you, Mom. Tell Pappy "Hi" for us.

Lady Kett

Hugs, Merlin. I'm certain Miss Rosie and Pappy are getting reacquainted.

Lady Gryphon

Merlin  Hugs and hugs and more hugs from Dragon and I.  I feel your loss, but now she can rest and be with your Pappy.  

Your family is in my Thoughts a prayers at this time.  
Why do I feel like I've worn something like this before?

Bonny Pearl

Our deepest condolences friend. 
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

DonaCatalina

My deepest condolences for your loss.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess