News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Yay! Visiting Scarby for the first time!

Started by BarbarianQueen, April 24, 2012, 12:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowgrrl

Sorry that happened to you BQ. Thank you for not blaming all church goers. I get really annoyed when the fact that I go to church is used to instantly form a (normally incorrect) opinion on what I think about things.  I'm not perfect but I try to remember this quote from Ghandi 'I like your Christ but I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ'. I did not see your garb but my DH did & he said you looked lovely. I told him if they kicked you out they should also kick out the woman I saw in Danes on Monday. She had on a tank top that was exposing over 1/2 of her boobs, including a good chunk of side-boob.
I hope you will return & not judge our fair by a couple of sticks in the mud.

lys1022

BQ:  This is one time when I am sorry to have been right.  I saw your outfit on Monday and ALMOST came up and introduced myself and then got pulled away by someone for something.  By the time I looked back around you were gone.

I liked what I saw on Monday, it's a lovely outfit (Though I can't imagine how you weren't ROASTING! I can deal with wearing a couch, but not fur in that heat! *grin*)

I'm glad that you came back and didn't just abandon the faire altogether.

I'm not sure about faire employees asking to take your photo, though, unless they were booth folks? Or the clown photographers?  Or maybe the medics?  They sometimes have their camera there.  Cast members don't carry cameras and would never use something like that in the lanes.  And I don't think it was some sort of tactic by management.  They don't work that way at Southwest Festivals.

Anyway, again, I'm sorry to have had my suspicions met in this case, and I hope that you continue to come back and enjoy the festival in the future.  It really is a pretty darned good place, and I am sorry that your first impression was not as joyful as it could have been. 
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

BarbarianQueen

Quote from: cowgrrl on May 29, 2012, 11:04:57 AM
Sorry that happened to you BQ. Thank you for not blaming all church goers. I get really annoyed when the fact that I go to church is used to instantly form a (normally incorrect) opinion on what I think about things.  

Honestly, I never saw ANY patrons giving me the "evil eye". In fact, just the opposite - we were quite often surrounded by happy, friendly people, many who wanted photos.

Maybe it was vendors, afraid that I might scare away future customers??  

I am friends with quite a few of the vendors at TRF, especially the leather and armor folks (of which there are many more of at TRF) and pub owners/workers. In fact, I tend to bring folks around when we hang out at a vendors or pub.

Merlin the Elder

I'm SOOOO very glad you came back...Scarborough is such a wonderful place. I have made so many very good friends there, and the political and religious gamut runs from "hell-to-breakfast," as the old saying goes. We tend to still like each other, God/Zeus/Buddha/Gaia knows why...

Our regret is only that we didn't get a chance to meet. I caught the eye of your DH (nothing inferred...mutual acknowledgment is all  ;)), but never caught your eye. Meh...old wizards don't attract beautiful barbarians too much...

Please don't let the turbulence of Saturday cloud your opinion of us. Scarby is a magical place, but it may have a little different way of looking a certain things. I hope to see you again, and to meet you!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Kett

LOL I like the d/h's new name! :)

See you at TRF, my dear!

Merlin the Elder

I was going to compare this with the picture of Barbarian Queen, but that seems to have been disappeared. Can someone please tell me what is going on around here?  Barbarian Queen, did you take your photo down??

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...