News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Albannach -- incredibly Wow!

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, June 24, 2008, 02:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

We went to Jubilee College Olde English Faire in Brimfield, Illinois on Sunday, June 22nd.  They had a group from Scotland called Albannach.  They were amazing.  We watched all 3 of their shows.  People were going to the stage an hour before hand just to get a seat.  The last show, I sat on the ground because there were no seats and people standing behind the seats were 4 deep.

The war drums and the bagpipe were incredible.  The energy the group put out was unbelievable.  I understand they do several faires in the U.S.  Definitely, if you get the chance to see them, don't miss them!  They are great!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lady Amy of York

I love Albannach.  I have had the pleasure to see them a few times in concert  and they are excellent.    They had a new cd  out last year, i think it was, and it is very good !  They have been to the Pennslyvannia  Renaissance faire  several times in the past. Don't know  if they are coming this  year.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Phillip McGuinness

They were at Jubilee? Excellent.

Albannach spent a weekend at the Kentucky Highland Renaissance Festival recently, and they were, as you say, amazing. They are enthralling.
Got any ale?

www.drunknsailor.com

festmum

They are an awesome group.  I've seen them in TN before (and I think they used to have a different name but I can't think of what it was).  They were just up at the KYHRF.  I have one of their CDs loaded on my computer and listen to it often!

Thistle

ooh.. cool!

If you're into "high energy with pipes and drums (and other stuff)" - also check out Hunting MacLeod and Rathkeltair - both do some AWESOME "can't stay in your seat" sets!  ;D

renfairephotog

Some of them are from Clanna au Drumma, We made sure to catch them at Kentucky RF a couple weeks ago.

http://www.albannachmusic.com/index.html

June 27 - 29 Jun   Celtic Fling @ PA Renaissance Faire   Manheim, PA, USA   
July    04    Independence Day - Free Charity/Benefit Concert   Powhatan, VA, USA
July 11 - 13 Jul   Grandfather Mountain Highland Games   Linville, NC, USA

http://www.clannandrumma.com/
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Scotsman

Yup, I have seen these guys several times ...

Celtic Fling this weekend ... yeah!

Also at NCRF & MDRF
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

analise

I saw them at MDRF this past year (I think they're coming back! Woo!) and I thought they were awesome and they always had a huge crowd surrounding their stage (wouldn't surprise me if they got a bigger stage this year). I walked away with two of their CDs. :D

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

I saw them last year for the first time and **WOW** , They are fantastic and YES we get them for two weekends at MDRF this season,can't wait. :o
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Robert Phoenix

They just released a new live album.  Celtic radio.net plays alot of their stuff on their celtic rock station.

Amras Elfwine

Their website...

www.albannachmusic.com

...streams their music 24/7.
Plus, they will be back at MDRF this weekend. If you must sit, get to the stage (The Blackfriar, formerly known as The Jury Rig) early...but, they are best experienced standing down by the side of the stage, where there is room to DANCE!

Cheers!

R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Peddlin

In case anyone is interested, they will be at Tir Na Nog in Raleigh on Wednesday night (the 8th). Tickets at the door are $10.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Athena

I've heard from so many people that they put on an amazing show.  I hope I'm lucky enough to see them someday!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Lady Renee Buchanan

I can't believe tickets to their show cost $10.  They are so much better than others that charge a lot more.

Lucky to all of you who get to hear them.  Once was not enough for us, and we are hoping they come to faires near to us in the future.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Peddlin

I have worked with them several times, and they are all great guys (and girl - Sorry Jacqui). They definitely stir the blood, and are well worth whatever it costs to see them.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96