News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New works from Baltimore Knife and Sword.

Started by 1stmatematt, June 24, 2008, 03:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1stmatematt

Just wanted to post some recent works from us. Available now at the Col. Ren Fest. Done quite a few pieces with Hamons and double fullers.

1stMateMatt AKA Matt Stagmer
Co-Owner of Baltimore Knife and Sword
Assistant Editor of Pirates Magazine

SirBlackFox

Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

DeadBishop

Excellent work as always!  Someday I might be able to afford one 'o dem spiffy cutlasses you do so well to finally finish my pirate ensemble.... :)

R/F.com member since 2003

1stmatematt

Pirate swords? Did I heard Pirates swords?

www.PiratesMagazine.com

www.PiratesMagazine.com

www.PiratesMagazine.com

Var Greyshadow

Great!  First I drool over the one at the top (how long is the blade on that one?), and now my evil twin is clamoring for one of the cutlasses (she likes the third picture)!  Guess once we get our house stuff settled, I'll have to start a "new sharp pointies fund".  Awesome-looking blades - keep up the good work!!
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

DeadBishop

*sigh*

....I see my perfect cutlass in there.

If only...

R/F.com member since 2003

1stmatematt

Quote from: Var Greyshadow on June 25, 2008, 04:11:12 PM
Great!  First I drool over the one at the top (how long is the blade on that one?), and now my evil twin is clamoring for one of the cutlasses (she likes the third picture)!  Guess once we get our house stuff settled, I'll have to start a "new sharp pointies fund".  Awesome-looking blades - keep up the good work!!

That one has a 28" blade. A good one hander.

SirBlackFox

I envied the one that Capt. Thighbighter picked up at Blackbeard from you guys. . .  (more drooling)
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

1stmatematt

I have yet to get pictures of that piece. It was a nice one.

Tim T

I'm really liking the last one.  Nice and pointy!

Looks like you could easily run an opposing pirate clean through with that one! ;D
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

BLAKDUKE

So I guess your plan is along the lines of "when they outlaw guns we will use swords"???????
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Dallan

Your studio is in Marriottsville? I need to make an appointment and stop by since you're in my backyard. I'm in Sykesville. I just plugged the address in Google maps. I know exactly where you are. I drive by all the time.
Fight'n

Dallan

Sorry I got so excited I forgot to say ...great stuff!
Fight'n

1stmatematt

Quote from: Dallan on August 04, 2008, 02:22:06 PM
Your studio is in Marriottsville? I need to make an appointment and stop by since you're in my backyard. I'm in Sykesville. I just plugged the address in Google maps. I know exactly where you are. I drive by all the time.

Cool. Drop me an email and stop by. We are working everyday.

1stmatematt

We made this double fullered baskethilt yesterday along with a pair of rapiers and some crazy axes. Anyway. This is a one off blade that I ground from a random piece of alloy. I added some Swatton style fullers up the spine that I think set the piece off. It has a full grind on onbe edge and a flase edge on the back of the blade. The blade is slightly curved and polished.

I would have liked to have speant a few more hours on this guy but I thought I would share it with you all anyway. I

This is now available at the COL ren fest at the Legacy Forge booth.

Dallan

Nice work. Every once in a while when I drive by I see you guys out there.
Fight'n

beeboy

I sold a lot of Baltimore's at the pittsburg renaissance faire.  I had a kid come in with a BKS rapier, so of course I had to take a look at it.  I cleaned it up all nice and made it look good as new.  He said me cleaning it up and teaching him how to do so made his trip to the faire worthwhile