News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Looking for...?

Started by CaraGreenleaf, June 24, 2008, 03:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaraGreenleaf

I'm always looking for diferent kinds of music, and different songs, and I know that there are a lot of resources out there that can help all of us find those musical gems that we can't find on our own.

So, I thought that this thread might help us all find those links to the music we're all looking for!

So, I'll start. I am in search of a couple of different versions of Health to the Company. The only version I have is Brobdingnagian Bards, and while very good, I want more versions!

Any suggestions?
Castleteer, IWG# 3606, MERC# 836, PRIV# 1311
Flog'n M'Crack, Chieftess of O'Cinneide

Corseter, Costumer and Crochete

Whistler Fred

Some versions I can recommend, by performer and CD:

Minstrosity:  Why Am I Not Surprised?  (available at the Merry Measure website)
Bounding Main:  Maiden Voyage (available at the Bounding Main site)
Three Pints Gone:  Health to the Company (available from Chivalry Music)
Connor Savage:  Songs of the Savage (not totally sure were this one can be purchased; I got my copy at his show at the Michigian RenFest)

I'm sure there are many more, but these are all from CDs I own, and they contain lots of interesting music in addition to "Health.."

Whistler Fred (Lauritzen)

"Get ready for the Whistler.  I'll whistle along on the seventh day."  Ian Anderson

wolgemut

Greetings,

For me the definitive version of this song is by Owain Phyfe as heard on his "Poets, Bards, & Singers of Song" recording. You can hear a demo of it (and purchase it) on CD Baby.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/owainphyfe1

Makes me tear every time :-)

Cheers

/Micha
www.wolgemut.net

renfairephotog

(From a "Chieftains Celebration")      Martin Fay, Matt Molloy, Paddy Moloney, Seán Keane & The Chieftains   The Wide World Over - A 40 Year Celebration   

Minstrels Of Mayhem   Concert For A Queen   
Tanya Brody   Not Your Average...Anything   
The Muses Tramps and Hawks
the Singing Milkmaids Watersing.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer