News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gloucester Renaissance Festival

Started by Lady Delaine Kitts, July 15, 2008, 07:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleWright

I will be attending on Saturday the 18th and will be bringing the Renaissance Bubble Machine. I met Sir Black Wolf of Medieval Fantasies at a small Faire in Pennsylvania a few years ago and have wanted to visit one of his events. As I live in a small Colonial town also (New Castle, Delaware- founded 1651), I thought it would fun to visit a Faire held on the streets of a Colonial era town. Alas, it will be for only the one day as it is about a six hour drive, down on Friday and back on Sunday. Please stop by to say hello...  Felix the Bubble Wright
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

BubbleWright

BUMP! Anyone else going...? C'ya there........... The Bubble Wright
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Feline Groovy

Where was I going and how do I get there?

lordwriothsley

My job will determine whether or not I will be able to come this year.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

lordwriothsley

BubbleWright,
I'll be there as I just found out that I am off this weekend. See ya there my friend.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

BubbleWright

I'm already here. The drive down was basically long but pleasant... except for the accident on 301 and 255 in La Plata, MD that had all traffic southbound stopped. I drove around that and added another hour to my to my travel time. I stopped in Gloucester to get the lay of the land and talked to Sir Black Wolf. Just as I was leaving the lightning came thundering in and I raced the storm to Williamsburg, where I am staying. Had a great dinner and am now preparing to retire. It's gonna be a long day tomorrow. Huzzah!
   Antoine de St. Exupery

lordwriothsley

Forecast for this weekend:

Saturday
Partly Cloudy
High:88
Low:64

Sunday
Partly Cloudy
High:85
Low:69

Just thought I'd let you all know.

Thanks
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

BubbleWright

This was an absolutely delightful event. The Colonial buildings lent the feeling of another time, which was complemented by the entertainment, demonstrations and vendors. It was well planned and well executed... Huzzahs to Sir Black Wolf and his troupe.
   Antoine de St. Exupery

lordwriothsley

Well said BubbleWright and I totally agree with you. Huzzah to Sir Black Wolf and his lovely lady for such an awesome event.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

appljx

It's coming up in a few weeks?  The hubby and I will be there, anyone else?

Feline Groovy

Bump!  We're intending to go Saturday (tomorrow).  I mean, c'mon, it's been two whole weeks since I've been at a faire and I'm in withdrawal.  :D
Where was I going and how do I get there?

appljx

Wish I would have seen this sooner!  We were out there for a few hours today :)  Always fun for a quick/fun ren-fix :)

appljx

BUMP!  In less than 2 weeks, this one will be open!! Free ren entertainment!!  Who is going?  :-D