News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Donna Summer has passed..

Started by Rowan MacD, May 17, 2012, 12:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

Donna Summer has died, according to TMZ. Summer was 63 and had been battling cancer. The Queen of Disco had a career like few others. She became an icon in the 1970s, when disco music was all the rage. Her string of hits included "Hot Stuff," "Last Dance," and "She Works Hard for the Money."

Now I can't get that song outta my head....RIP Lady, you earned it. :'(
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

maeven

It's so sad to hear about that. I was at work when I found out, which is an odd place to find out, but even so. I was in Spain last summer and we had a radio station playing over our hotel's room intercom. While we were listening to the music, we heard a Spanish version of "She Works Hard for the Money"; I thought it was really cool to hear at the time... It's almost like, you know you've made it when people are covering your song in different languages.

RIP Donna Summer.
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

Merlin the Elder

I wasn't a disco fan, but I think Donna Summer was one of the artists whose works transcended the genre. Her disco I enjoyed. Carry on in the next plane, Donna.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...