News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Nebraska Faire -who will be there

Started by Gauwyn of Bracknell, May 07, 2012, 11:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We shall progress there for Saturday - maybe meet up in the parking lot?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

David and I shall be there as Sir William Davidson and Lady Catherine.
  We will be attending as Playtrons this year, since volunteering is a bit too much work with hubby's arm in a sling.  
  Barring garb issues (I have a LOT of stuff to put on, and then I have to figure out how to fit in the car ;D), we will try to be there for opening gate at 11AM.
  Weather is forecast to be mild, some clouds but 67-70 degrees Saturday, and sunny and mild Sunday.  

For those ladies craving a Wench Gather-Put on your IWG pins and check out the unofficial Lust Muster Poynt and greet Mistress Chaz to see what mischief she fancies starting.

edited for gate time 11-6

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Brother Gregory

Sort of planning on going, Rowen I know you have been there before. Are they OK with playtrons coming in grab? I have been to the Scary Acres fair but not this one and am curious if I should dress or not. I'm part of the Riverssance fair in Sioux City and if I come would more then likely wear by executioner outfit and just leave the axe at home, I also have a monk robe I could wear.

Let me know.

Thanks

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We wil. Be wearing garb, the Earl and Countess of Bracknell. I have never been to a Faire where garb was not encouraged by playtrons.  We also know the man in charge (we are on 'cast' for the Iowa Faire this year in a couple weeks).
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Brother Gregory on May 07, 2012, 03:26:08 PM
Sort of planning on going, Rowen I know you have been there before. Are they OK with playtrons coming in grab? I have been to the Scary Acres fair but not this one and am curious if I should dress or not. I'm part of the Riverssance fair in Sioux City and if I come would more then likely wear by executioner outfit and just leave the axe at home, I also have a monk robe I could wear.

Let me know.

Thanks
Anything you like Brother Gregory ;D, garbed Playtrons are very welcome and encouraged! Whatever you are most comfortable in, or want to show off, please wear that.   Check out the website to see if it's OK to bring your prop axe.
   We've never had an executioner at NRF, so there won't be any competition if you want to stand out, and you can always make the folks doing time in the Jail sweat a little, LOL.
  We will have at least one monk (part of the Horsemen lane and stage comedy Improv group).

Below is the Press release- http://www.festint.com/nebfaire/pressrelease.shtml

"The Nebraska Renaissance Faire will be $12 for adults and $6 for kids with tots (under 3) free. That two-day pass will be $18. There is also a military family discount of $2-off for adults and $1-off for kids.

This year there will be a retail discount ($2.00 per ticket) ticket outlet in Omaha at FairyTale Costumes in the Crossroads Mall (72nd and Dodge).

In Lincoln, ne. at Curio Collective in Rathbone Village.

In Bellevue at the OFFUTT AFB Patriot Club's ITT office."

Parking will be free at both events. Gate hours are 11am to 6pm. (Woot, I have an extra hour to get ready!)

IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on May 07, 2012, 08:39:40 PM
We wil. Be wearing garb, the Earl and Countess of Bracknell. I have never been to a Faire where garb was not encouraged by playtrons.  We also know the man in charge (we are on 'cast' for the Iowa Faire this year in a couple weeks).

We are planning on attending the Iowa faire this year (first time for me) so we shall look for you.  We have volunteered at NRF and the DMRF before too.  
IWG wench #3139 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Had a great time!  This is a nice Faire, really liked the grounds. Very friendly and enjoyed our tme with court and all of the great people. We shall return next year!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

It was a great time, mostly fair weather, and decent crowds for the size of the venue-though we have had bigger ones in past years ^_^. 
  Sorry I missed some folks- Due to the tree coming down on Friday, and then Mothers' Day, We got in about 6 hours at faire altogether, but it was fun anyway!

Feedback was positive on the FB page-There was one negative post-said they charged too much for what they got-gate was $12.00 (even though $2.00 discounts off that price were widely available for military, moms, and advance tickets).  It is to be noted that the same patron also didn't like the fact that some of the acts used suggestive language...(possible faire virgin?).  That made me laugh.
  The joust alone is worth the ticket.

IWG wench #3139 

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Rowen MacD on May 15, 2012, 01:45:10 PM...didn't like the fact that some of the acts used suggestive language...(possible faire virgin?).  That made me laugh....
I find that unbelievable! Suggestive language? ...at a Ren Faire?!??! (she should hear the pickle vendors!)
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Rowan MacD

Merlin ^_^, the patron (a man) apparently brought his daughters, no mention of a Mrs. in his post.   It is unknown howold said girls were.   Sometimes custodial Daddies are the worst prudes ^_^.
   He didn't mention the pickle man ;D-so he must not have heard him calling his wares.  He would have certainly been shocked to see Mike's daughter with a leather 'jail-bait' sign on her butt, lovingly placed by her Daddy, and updated each year (I think our Lord Clisto has a photo of it from the 2011 DesMoines fair).
    I am just about 99% sure daddy was a faire virgin.  No one who has been to a Ren Faire in the last 10+ years can be unaware of the prevalent irreverent humor.  He could have easily avoided it by staying in the children's glen, but then, he would have to know that.
   Odd that some folks are still shocked at the relatively mild raunchiness seen and heard at faire, when they see and hear worse on TV.
IWG wench #3139