News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Harem Pants

Started by gem, April 23, 2012, 03:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adriana Rose

Keep in mind if you want to use the simplicity pattern that the pants sit SUPER low on your hips. I add 3 inches on the top when I cut them out so that there is room for the elastic casing and that there is room so that you dont have to get a wax to wear them.

isabelladangelo

Quote from: Adriana Rose on April 27, 2012, 10:59:19 AM
Keep in mind if you want to use the simplicity pattern that the pants sit SUPER low on your hips. I add 3 inches on the top when I cut them out so that there is room for the elastic casing and that there is room so that you dont have to get a wax to wear them.

:-)  Like I said before, I added 5" to the top just to get them to sit right.  It's a lot easier just to use a generic pant patterna nd leave the ankle wide then gather it yourself.

Goody

And here i thought they dint fit just because of my body size/shape! i actually wore them backwards a couple of times as that fit better. Have you thought about just doing wrap pants?

gem

Quick midpoint update... I discovered that I had an old (old!) OOP Simplicity pattern (8311) in my stash, which includes an "I Dream of Jeannie" costume. It's a unisex pattern, with the same pattern for all pants views. I finished the muslin today, and the fit is exactly what I wanted. Nice full legs, natural waist/crotch, surprisingly slim hips. I'm very pleased!

Hope to get the actual pants done this weekend!

DonaCatalina

and then photos shall be forthcoming......?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess