News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sarasota Medieval Faire

Started by Edenhallgirl, October 12, 2012, 12:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edenhallgirl

Hello

Can anyone compare this faire to Lady of the Lakes?  I can't make both of these; and I am trying to figure out which one to visit.

- Trish

adamfifer

Sorry for this late post but I just found this site tonight so maybe this will help you for next year...

I've done both for a few years now. Lady of the Lakes is smaller but is very well done. Of course smaller means less vendors and performers but it doesn't take away from the quality one bit! One thing that I do enjoy about this faire is that if you schedule your time you can see all the acts and have plenty of time to shop the vendors, though a busy and full day even on my best day I can't fit everything in on a one day trip to Sarasota MF. Parking is good and the setting is really nice. My only complaint is the walkng surface this year was made of LARGE "mulch" I guess you would call it. Most of the pieces were the diameter of a baseball bat and after a full day my legs were GONE, lol.

Sarasota MF is an awesome faire. Well organizes and staged. It's a big one for this area and gets bigger every year. To be nonest I'm not sure why it's not listed as it's own event instead of this sub-group. One day isn't enough to see everything so you'll have to pick and choose your plan of attack and schedule your day, though it is pretty easy with the schedule and map you get at the gate. There is plenty to do for all ages. Parking is good and the setting is great. My only issue with this faire is the positions of 2 of it's stages. One is in direct sunlight and on a hot day is almost impossible to sit through a show and the other the sun is shining in your eyes and makes it impossible to see the show if you go before one or so after that the sun is over your head or behind you.

All in all both are great faires. If you've done one before do the other this time, you won't be disappointed, though you won't be disappointed by either faire. I live ib Seminole (Tampa Bay area) and BARF is one of the best faires I've founf in Florida bout to be honest both Lady of the Lakes and Sarasota MF can hold their own in faire land...

adamfifer

I live in 1 nation under God, but my heart will always be in 7 Nations!!!

Itish/Scotch or Scotch/Irish BEST of SEVEN