News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tartanic is coming!

Started by sheila, June 08, 2012, 04:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheila

It is official! On tartanic's facebook They will be in Hollygrove in August!!!!!
sheila

Merlin the Elder

You will enjoy them! They were at Scarborough this year. We had Tartanic play at the reception following our vow renewal. It woke up the `danes!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Merlin

Absolutely one of the BEST ! You guys will enjoy them! Tell them Scarborough says HI !
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Carl

they were regulars at MIRF but weren't here last year
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

Wickedvox

They will also be at the Black Rock festival in Augusta, Mi July 28 & 29th, same weekend as the Musical Blades!! (I asked them on facebook and it was confirmed by a band member I've not seen before) Two-fer!

http://www.blackrockfest.com/entertainment.html
"Not all those who wander are lost..."

NefariousDrO

That's fantastic news, I missed them last year. Especially with the Zucchini Brothers retirement I wasn't sure what to expect this year. It's always nice to see something new, but when someone's good you kind of look forward to seeing them shake the dust up a bit.

Alerrick Afon Adou

You guys are going to ENJOY there show. They are GREAT.

Wickedvox

Quote from: NefariousDrO on June 10, 2012, 08:00:41 PM
That's fantastic news, I missed them last year. Especially with the Zucchini Brothers retirement I wasn't sure what to expect this year. It's always nice to see something new, but when someone's good you kind of look forward to seeing them shake the dust up a bit.

I know! I was so bummed they're retiring! I agree, new is okay, but I love Tartanic, so great to have them back!

Poldugarian Warrior

This is great news, was hoping they'd come back. It's just not the same when they aren't around.

flidais

Happy to hear they will be back.  It wasn't the same without them last year.  WOOOHOO!!!

Margaret

It is so nice to hear the beats of their music flowing through Hollygrove again!!!
Mistress Margaret Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

Wickedvox

Quote from: Margaret on August 22, 2012, 09:11:25 AM
It is so nice to hear the beats of their music flowing through Hollygrove again!!!

Agreed--but now I find myself agreeing more with your post from last year--fresh groups are nice too! I wish they would lower the fee for smaller bands--The Musical Blades are FANTASTIC and need to be at MIRF.

CalliopeCC

Ah, Tartanic. Lovely bunch of gents.  I should set Margaret up for a Scottish Car Wash.... 

muahahahaaaaa.  ;D

Margaret

Nope.  I know what a Scottish Car Wash is!!!

The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

Wickedvox

Quote from: CalliopeCC on August 22, 2012, 01:45:23 PM
Ah, Tartanic. Lovely bunch of gents.  I should set Margaret up for a Scottish Car Wash.... 

muahahahaaaaa.  ;D

Ugh! I can only imagine!  :o

Are either of you going to be there this weekend? If so what days? I'm debating Saturday, but then I'll have to entertain my dane older sister and she's no fun  :P Sunday is going to be crazy hot, but then, no sister ;) Hey flidais!! You going to be there Saturday with the R/F banner? (I hope she can hear me lol)

Margaret

I am planning on being there this Saturday (8/25).  My daughter and I are usually there from 10ish to 3ish.  My husband may be with us too as he wants to see the Scottish Games.

The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

CalliopeCC

Quote from: Wickedvox on August 22, 2012, 04:44:45 PM
Quote from: CalliopeCC on August 22, 2012, 01:45:23 PM
I should set Margaret up for a Scottish Car Wash.... muahahahaaaaa.  ;D
Ugh! I can only imagine!  :o

Are either of you going to be there this weekend? If so what days?

I'll be there on Saturday... all day.

And... you have to SEE a SCW to (ahem) appreciate it.  :D

Wickedvox

Excellent! I'll keep an eye out for you Margaret, consider yourself warned lol!

Now if I only knew what Calliope *looked* like ;)

Margaret

Ya can't miss her.  She plays one of the Courtesans who are roaming the shire this year. 

She's the  blonde mouthy one with horns.  Really.

;D
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

Wickedvox

Excellent! I'll try not to bother either of you too much, I'll just be by meself strolling casually through. I'll be wearing the same outfit as last weekend.

Oh! I have a question you may be able to answer: Once one has gained the seamstresses favor, is it inappropriate to wear something that *wasn't* worn whence gaining said approval? What if I decide I want to wear faire-wear one weekend, should I *not* wear my favors??

Margaret

Quote from: Wickedvox on August 23, 2012, 08:24:57 PM

Oh! I have a question you may be able to answer: Once one has gained the seamstresses favor, is it inappropriate to wear something that *wasn't* worn whence gaining said approval? What if I decide I want to wear faire-wear one weekend, should I *not* wear my favors??

Wear your Favors whenever and with whatever you want hon.  They were given to *you*  not your outfit.   ;)
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

Wickedvox

Awww...didn't think of it that way! Thanks Margaret!