News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2012 Des Moines Renaissance Faire

Started by Rowan MacD, June 14, 2012, 01:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on August 31, 2012, 05:17:49 AM
Quote from: Lord Clisto of York on August 31, 2012, 04:19:14 AM
I will be heading out around noon today. Hope the weekend isnt a lot of rain as they are predicting.

Lord Clisto

The weather I see is very small chance of rain, but plenty of heat (upper 80's - great for the noble garb). Since I am the mayor, can I wear shorts?  ::)

Do slops and fishnets qualify as shorts?

Does anyone have a recent picture of the grounds this year? Hopefully all the lovely flowers made it through the drought.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Baron Frederick

I made it out yesterday and the flowers didn't look as good as last year,but the ornamental grass looked really good.But all in all I would say it's coming along just fine.
Baron Frederick

Baron Frederick

Spent the afternoon out there today. Everything is looking great,will be ready for tomorrow. be sure to look for the new gargoyles?
Baron Frederick

Rowan MacD

We will be out tomorrow (Sunday).  By the time we finished up here on Friday night it was just too late and we were too tired to make the drive out tot he hotel.  We will be leaving here shortly.
IWG wench #3139 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Baron Frederick on August 31, 2012, 09:19:31 PM
Spent the afternoon out there today. Everything is looking great,will be ready for tomorrow. be sure to look for the new gargoyles?

It was good finally meeting you. Will see you today. 
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Gauwyn of Bracknell

It was a fun weekend (well the two days we were there).  We enjoyed being Mayor and Hostess and interacting much more with the patrons and cast.

Glad to finally connect the dots with Rowan and also great meeting Sunshine.

The weather was also great 9I thought it was supposed to be hot  :P )
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

Good to see you and your Lady again too, though some how we missed Sunshine.
It was too hot for what I was wearing!  We lasted 4 hours, then were outta there.   Next weekend is Celtic and I can dress in much cooler clothing....
IWG wench #3139 

Lord Clisto of York

Hail everyone, I just finished putting up all my Des Moines Renaissance Faire pictures for the first weekend 9/1-2/2012. To see them just follow the link below and then click on the Des Moines link -

http://www.sirclisto.com/51main.html

I will be going back to perform there in the court the last two weekends as well. Hope to see everyone there.

Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Keno

Had a lot of fun at the faire.  Hope to see everyone next week.
This years travels 2013

Performing
Travelers Cross Faire in Strang, Oklahoma

Vending
Iowa Renaissance Festival in Amana Colonies, Iowa
Iowa-Minnesota Pirate Festival in Clear Lake, Iowa
Des Moines Renaissance Faire in Des Moines, iowa

Rowan MacD

Freaking amazing weather at the faire yesterday! Much cooler, sunny, and huge crowds. Standing room only at all the shows.
We met sunshine, (Thanks for the adorable favor), Lord Clisto, Have Court, will Travel, 3 pints gone,  The Mccrakken brother's Mad Scots, and many others...
Haggis chips, frozen cheesecake, crepes and porkchops on a stick. Seriously wonderful day. Looks to be the same weather today!
We showed up about 11:30 and it was 6:00 before we knew it, and the Closing show was in full swing.  One more day of Celts, and the Pirates take over next weekend.   
IWG wench #3139 

Sunshine

I've been having a wonderful time at the faire so far! It's been lovely meeting everyone (I think it's impossible for you guys to get any nicer, really I do), and I'll have to post some pictures once I manage to get them all sorted out.

Planning to go pirate this weekend (that is, switch out the flowers in my hair for the red bandana and wear stripey socks) and soak in the ambiance. :)

Lord Clisto of York

Well, barring any special test issues from the Doctor Thursday, I shall be back for the last weekend with the court as well. I look forward to seeing everyone once again. It is always a pleasure Rowen..

Lord Clisto

Rowan MacD

David and I plan to stop in on closing day, on our way back from the Quad cities Celtic games in Davenport. Don't know if we will dress pirate or Celt again...depends on how hard it will be to assemble the garb.

Edit:  Weather is going to be great again this weekend-sunny and 70's both days!
IWG wench #3139 

Lord Clisto of York

That sounds fantastic. It is going to be nice finishing up in cool weather.. Looking forward to it.

Lord clisto

Lord Clisto of York

Hi All, I just finished putting up all my Week 2 pictures from the Des Moines Renaissance Faire 9/8-9/2012. To see them just follow the link below, go to the bottom of Week 1 and click on the Week 2 button -

http://www.sirclisto.com/desmoines/we.html

I will be going back this last weekend once again. Hope to see everyone there.

Lord Clisto