News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Colorado photo thread for 2012

Started by Blushing, June 14, 2012, 03:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

Then, we may have to as well. It would be good to see Ian again, and perhaps spend a little more time in the Rockies.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Hausfrau Monica

Yes please!

Pop into chat sometime....I am there now

Ian Maxwell

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on June 21, 2012, 08:17:46 PM
Then, we may have to as well. It would be good to see Ian again, and perhaps spend a little more time in the Rockies.

It would be good to see you and Nim again. I'll drink some scotch for you Saturday while I'm there.

Ian

The Professor

Lovely pictures, Blushing, and so nice to see these to all of you!  I met a nice patron who's a VERY serious photographer who gave me his card with this link:

http://waite.smugmug.com/

Some quite good shots of Twig, Flourish, the Mayor's Son, and a HUNGRY Fireflicker!

Best!
"People?  YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THERE'D BE PEOPLE!"

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Ian Maxwell on June 21, 2012, 09:12:08 PM
Quote from: Merlin the Elder on June 21, 2012, 08:17:46 PM

It would be good to see you and Nim again. I'll drink some scotch for you Saturday while I'm there.

Ian
Aye...do that, lad! I am finding that there actually are some Scotches that I can enjoy. The only problem is that my tastes are rather expensive in that regard!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Francisco Paula

This year i haven't gotten so into the photo thing as i have in the past. Not sure why hopefully i pop out of this funk soon.

Francisco Paula

To all my photography friends or anyone that takes pictures of the cat show at the renfaire. The people that are trying to petition to get rid of the cat show are using peoples photographs without thier permission to further thier agenda.

Francisco Paula

Here is a link to one of the sites http://www.animalactionnetwork.org/Big_Cats_Initiative.html it has 5 pictures from the show last year, thing is the lady has admitted to the newspaper she has never seen the show.

So please check and make sure she isn't using your picture without your permission.

Thank you

Radu the Gypsy

Quote from: Francisco Paula on July 02, 2012, 08:43:01 AM
To all my photography friends or anyone that takes pictures of the cat show at the renfaire. The people that are trying to petition to get rid of the cat show are using peoples photographs without thier permission to further thier agenda.

The lady in question has been contacted and called out, challenged to prove *any* of her allegations.  She was called out in a personal email and publicly on her page, which was linked to facebook.  After 3 (i think) different photographers contacted her and threatened lawsuits, the photos magically vanished off her page.  Additionally, rather than reply to the facebook challenges which took each of her accusations apart and showed where she was mistaken, intentionally misleading individuals with biased reporting, or just outright lying, the link to the facebook discussion was also removed.  Odd that.  We'll be keeping an eye on her, and if anyone stumbles across other sites of protest using photos, let us know so we can look into it.

-Radu

Norfolk

Well done, Radu!  Well done, indeed!!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Blushing

Third and fourth weekend photos are now posted ... enjoy.

Third: https://picasaweb.google.com/blushingbiggins/CoRF20123rd?authuser=0&feat=directlink
And there's one of Ian in there ...

Fourth (including the water fight and the honoring of the sword school): https://picasaweb.google.com/blushingbiggins/CoRF20124th?authuser=0&feat=directlink

These photos are for personal use only.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Earl of Surrey

Brilliant Blushing!

You caught me trying to get the sweat on my upper lip off, but I was not quick enough.

Thank you for these.

Surrey
--The Paris Hilton of the 16th Century--

The Earl and Countess of Surrey  (off with my head, on January 19, 1547)

LadyFireKissed

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Real nice, Blushing. It was nice seeing you. Also glad all is well with your home.

Are you coming to Minnesota this year?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Blushing

Thank you!

Gauwyn: I would like to visit Minnesota ... but I might end up putting ALL of my fun funds into a computer that can actually keep up with my photo editing ... so we will see.

Earl of Surrey - So that's what you were doing ... I just liked the look!
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~