News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Red River Renaissance Faire

Started by Craigmeister, June 15, 2012, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

Huzzah!  Announcing the 2nd Annual Red River Renaissance Faire coming this October 27th & 28th to Bonham, Texas.  Bonham is a little northeast of Dallas.  The weather should be amazing in north Texas in late October.  I do hope that my schedule will allow me to attend this new Renfaire.

www.redriverrenaissancefaire.com
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

DonaCatalina

I can has map so I no get lost?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Kett

I realize this make me a lush, and I just really don't care...must know alcohol policy. Sold on premises? Can bring? Nada on both counts?  8)

And yes Dona, the directions are a bit iffy, but having recently been to Port O'Conner recently where my directions were "follow 185 to town, we're on the left" and learning that was QUITE sufficient, maybe the directions on the website are not so bad? :)

Craigmeister

I'm not sure about the directions.  I just found out about this faire a few weeks ago so I haven't made the actual trip yet.

I'm thinking that there won't be any alcohol sold since the website said that it's a family-friendly event.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

DonaCatalina

I've sent an email to the fair. I've asked them to clarify their alchohol and weapons policies. So we shall see what they come back with.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Kett

Lushiness aside, thanks Craigmeister - just looking for info! It is neither good nor bad, just knowledge! :)

And Awesome Dona, let us know what they say.

Merlin the Elder

We'll be doing RenDezvous that weekend.  I take it from the website that it might be a little tame for my taste, though. It's a church-run festival, which might hinder a more worldly person, such as myself. They might not appreciate a wizard.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

The Rabbi

Thats the same weekend as a friends vow renewels. Same friend that drives a White Dodge Van named kharma.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

DonaCatalina

well, no response to email so I called the phone number on their website. No one answered, not even a machine. So I guess that means scratch this one.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Rowan MacD

Did a quick Skip trace on the #-crosses to:
  'Wild Horse Creek Cowboy Camp'. 
  Address and phone # match the business info for the Camp.  It's also the address for the Ren Faire.
   Looks to be a legit business (dude ranch?), just may not have been anybody in the building when you called.  These places don't have large staff, and everybody pitches in when the horses need care. 
   Odd that they would not have an answering machine at the least for a business number, but we have some small businesses here that don't bother to set up voice mail for whatever reason, including our local riding school.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Alerrick Afon Adou

I just got off the phone with Big John, and this faire is going on. There will be parking for about 10 to 12 RVs.They also have bunkhouses that sleep 20. Big John was saying that he had about 10 different vendors for food coming out. They aren`t sure if they will be selling beer,but we can bring our own. Just be respectful (don`t throw your beer cans on the ground and keep the drunks at home were they belong) Big John is going to update as they get stuff scheduled. It is at the dude ranch also. we will be making plans to go check it out on opening saturday.......................Huzzah

Craigmeister

I received a reply e-mail from the owners on June 9th.  They said that this year will be bigger than last year's event and they're expanding to the whole weekend.  I let Leghorn the Piper know about it so I think he'll be there as well.  He lives near Scarby so it won't be a long drive for him at all.

DonaCatalina

OK, did anyone ask about weapons policy? That was one of my questions in the email that didn't get answered.
I would really like to go.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Alerrick Afon Adou

DonaCatalina I didn`t ask Big John, but I will call him and find out what the policy is. Are there any other questions, let me know and I will call and find out. let all your friends know,maybe a tailgate saturday or sunday ;D................Huzzah

DonaCatalina

It would be Saturday.
All I know want to know is the policy on alcohol and if peace tied weapons are allowed.
Knowing that food at small fairs is an iffy proposition, we'll definitely bring food for a tailgate.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess