News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lets liven things up around here!

Started by Sir Douglas of Waterbury, June 16, 2012, 07:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Douglas of Waterbury

Were about to have the most exciting and fun filled festival since this burg was conceived! Lets see some excitement around here for crying out loud, in exactly three weeks from this moment we will be nervously gathering at the gate greeting each other looking momentarily forward with overflowing anticipation. I don't know about you but I can't wait!!! Lets get roudy !!!

irish

woooo~hoooooo!!
my kilting lifting stick is ready, the mirrors are polished and so is.....my halo!! ;)
we will be at 'mock.faire', and will keep hushed :-X, on anything we see.....unless i am bribed for a few hundred! lmao!!  :D
i am so ready!!!
;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Tygrkat

;D

It's Almost Faire season!!! Huzzah!!!
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Dorian Mallory

I always look forward to the opening of the faire season with great anticipation and excitement.    My wife and I just need to figure out when we want to get over there since we have the tickets already.  I also hope to bring along  a few friends this year!  Can't wait to see what is there this year since we have not been able to get there the past 2 years.  

One question I do have.  When will the events/entertainment listing be available online?  I always like to preplan my time for what I would like to see.                                                

danielscott

Cold beer, hot turkey legs and comely women- bring on the Faire!!!
Where's the Beer Tent!

BLAKDUKE

I always regret that I can't make Sterling whenever I want to.  It is after all, where I got my start.  However maybe someday.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Bob of the Lake

It will be my first time to Stirling and I'm getting excited to visit with my son and his fiance! It looks like we'll be there on July 14. Hope to run into some R/Fers!
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Sir Douglas of Waterbury

Things are shaping up nicely. Still lots of work to do but I think were going to make it!

LadyAsh

I'm going to try to attend Sterling with my family around the weekend of the fourteenth. I wish I knew how to drive up there myself, but I guess it is a bit exciting to have the family come along even though they're not as into faire as I am. xD
"Love can make a summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime." -Andrew Lloyd Webber

Dorian Mallory

It is a day like today, mid 70's, sunny, and a light breeze, that make me wish it was fair season already.  I just close my eyes and breath deep and I can almost place myself there wandering around the town and woods of Warwick.

Aaroncois

Tickets are printed and we're ready to go! Can't wait!

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: irish on June 16, 2012, 08:49:53 PM
woooo~hoooooo!!
my kilting lifting stick is ready, the mirrors are polished and so is.....my halo!! ;)
we will be at 'mock.faire', and will keep hushed :-X, on anything we see.....unless i am bribed for a few hundred! lmao!!  :D
i am so ready!!!
;D

Or bribed with offers of men in kilts  and free wine...I know you well Irish ! ROFL !
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Lady Amy of York

I'll be there every weekend unless it gets extremely hot or  humid. :) Cant wait !

Lady Amy of York

As Sept Elder ( cheiftess ) of Clan o'Doinn
(The  New York Chapter of  the Clan M' Crack )  just a reminder that our home base for Clan o' Doinn is  Sterling  and that our anuual gathering at Sterling is  coming up.

Non members are welcome to come and check the gathering out.

Sir Douglas  come  join us !

Friday, August 3rd ~ GH Steamers
7:00pm ~ "Meet, Greet & Grog"
{meet fellow M'Cracks, over dinner, song and ale!}
Quality Inn Riverfront
70 E 1st St, Oswego, NY 13126
(315) 343-1600

Saturday, August 4th ~ Sterling Renaissance Festival

10:00 am ~ Gates Open!
3:00 pm ~ M'Crack Gathering at "Rose & Crown"
{speeches, pinning of new members, meeting fellow M'Cracks}
7:00 pm ~ Final Pub Sing!
{time to hear the lustrous voices of fellow M'Cracks!}
7:30 pm ~ 'Family Dinner' GH Steamers
{time is tentative, for after closing of gates}

Sunday, August 5th ~ Sterling Renaissance Festival

10:00 am ~ Gates Open!
3:00 pm ~ M'Crack Gathering at "Rose & Crown"
{some may leave before final 'Pub Sing & this is a good spot for goodbyes}
7:00 pm ~ Final Pub Sing!

Dorian Mallory

A most wonderful day for fair today, especially since it was decided at the last minute.   The downpour at 4pm and then the constant rain afterwards did cause an early end to our participation in the revels.  The roll of the weather dice worked out, for the most part, and we were definitely glad we decided to go today.  The crowds were not bad and it was breezy and a lot cooler than I thought it would have been.  But alas, it ended all too soon and now we must wait until next year before going again.  Now to start planning our trip to the Pennsylvania Renaissance fair.