News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Keep our Troops in your thoughts!

Started by flidais, June 25, 2008, 04:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flidais

This of course goes for all our men and woman that are serving in the United States Military at home and abroad.  But in particular for me today are the troops of the 1460th Transportation Unit out of Midland MI.  They left their families this morning to head to TX and eventually Iraq.  My husband was among them as well as several of my friends.  I used to be in this unit as well.  It's where my husband and I met.  And there are so many of them that are family to us.  So while we are here debating whether they should be in Iraq or not, and politicians are using the war as leverage in the upcomming elections, lets not forget that so many families are still living it and still deserve our support.   

Thank You!

Count Adolfo

Huzzah to those who join our ALL VOLUNTEER FORCE and risk life and limb to defend this great nation of ours!  May we always remember them in our prayers as well as in our daily lives.
Shake one's hand.  Tell one you appreciate his/her service.  Buy one a coffee.

I agree that the "war" is being used in ways that are sickening by politicians and activists... and our men and women deserve our support and respect.  They, and the amazingly strong families that wait for their return, are in my prayers always.

Lady_Claira

Oh I most definately do keep the troops in my thoughts and prayers.

The guy I like is in the Navy as a hospital Corpsman and he ships out to Iraq in September. My brother is marine reserves. They are people I don't often forget. (Granted, it helps when the guy you like is in uniform because then he's always on your mind, which gets the rest of the troops on your mind. LOL)
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

CatAshtrophy

I hope your husband and friends all return safe and sound from Iraq.

eloquentXI

Keeping them in my prayers always, as my Uncle just got word that he'll be shipping out in a few months to Iraq also.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Tipsy Gypsy

Keeping all our brothers & sisters in uniform in my heart and prayers. They are the reason I'll sleep securely in my bed tonight. "...rough men stand ready..", as Orwell said.
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"