News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The sky was orange!! Damned fires!!

Started by Nighthawk, June 24, 2012, 03:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blushing

Yes, I was evacuated.No idea when I will go home. There are some amazing photos and stories from the fire nearest Colorado Springs at gazette.com, including details I worked on last night.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

This from Francisco Paula on his FB page

From Kyle Boster:
To everyone who has shared my post about Faire: As of 5 minutes ago, a friend of mine has been getting text messages from several people at the Faire stating that the Faire is now on Standby. I will call and confirm with Paradise as soon as I get a chance to step away from my desk, and will let you all know.

This was the previous post

My friend Vin just posted this

ATTENTION EVERYONE WHO WORKS THE FAIRE IN LARKSPUR:

I just got off the phone with Jim Paradise Junior. He said that, as of right now, the Faire itself is not under pre-evac or evac notice. I will be talking to him again tomorrow, per his request, to post an update, but he did ask that I pass this information on to everyone.

Please pass this on, as I know that I don't have the entire Faire on my Facebook. I will post an update as soon as I get one from him
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Lady Kett

There were some incredibly powerful shots of the fires tonight on the CBS Evening News. Which made me realize I'd be remiss in not actually letting y'all know that we are keeping you in our thougths and prayers and sincerely hope that you and yours stay safe.

I cannot even comprehend the stress and angst you must be going through each moment of the day righ now.

Much love to all of you!

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Blushing on June 27, 2012, 01:43:29 PM
Yes, I was evacuated.No idea when I will go home. There are some amazing photos and stories from the fire nearest Colorado Springs at gazette.com, including details I worked on last night.

It all looks so awful. You have been in my thoughts; as has everyone up there.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

DonaCatalina

Just bought a shirt for my husband from www.wildfiretees.com ... the designers are donating all the money to Red Cross and Care and Share food bank.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Marietta Graziella

Sending positive thoughts to all of our friends there. Worried about more than a few who haven't chimed in for a few days.

Stay safe dear friends.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Norfolk

The Baroness and I are fine ... so far.  Our home is situated approximately 12 miles northeast of the closest active blaze.  While we have lots of smoke when the wind is out of the south, and can see flames at night, we are still 1/4 mile outside the pre-evacuation area.  The straw to which we cling at present is that the U.S. Air Force Academy is between us and the fire, and we are hopeful that the Air Force will do whatever is necessary to keep that facility from burning, thereby saving our home in the process. 

Night before last, the burn area literally doubled overnight.  It increased less than 10% overnight last night however, primarily due to diminished wind.  The wind is currently out of the south and is picking up speed, increasing our pucker factor with each additional mile per hour. 

We sincerely appreciate the expressions of concern posted here, and will keep you apprised of developments.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Merlin the Elder

I'm beginning to feel guilty.  Three of the four faires I visited last year have now either had a fire on-site (Scarby) or have suffered huge losses nearby from wildfires (Sherwood and Colorado).  I cannot fathom the angst you must be feeling. Stay safe, and as much as you can, keep us updated. We do genuinely worry about you!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Adriana Rose

We are still going this weekend! Look at the  Festivals facebook page.

Capt Spleen

We are near Morrison and C470.
No problems at present.
Beware the small dark clouds with mist chards under them with blue sky around.
They are lightning clouds with little rain. And they usually come with high gusts of wind.
No place is safe when they're present.
Perhaps the Colorado July monsoons will bring a respite.

DonaCatalina

The Dakota fire has reached 300 acres. My heart goes out to all of you affected by these wildfires.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Norfolk

The news on the Waldo Canyon fire this morning is encouraging.  There was no perimeter growth overnight, containment now stands at 15% (up from 5% yesterday), and today's weather is forecast to be favorable for the fire fighters.  The danger is be no means over, but we are optimistic.

Once again, thank all of you for your well wishes.  They mean a great deal to all of us who are affected by this disaster.

Blushing

I'll be back home tonight, since they are working on lifting evacuation orders or placing pre-evacuation notices.

It's going to be a LONG summer.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Norfolk

Merlin the Elder

They're reporting 25% containment now.... still tossing the newts into the cauldron in your behalf!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...