News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The sky was orange!! Damned fires!!

Started by Nighthawk, June 24, 2012, 03:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

I'm glad you'll at least be home... and will be singing my rain song on your behalf, and that of everyone there in the state!  Stay safe, please!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We are glad to know that all our friends are safe. We travelled through CSS on Tuesday and could not believe how much smoke there was. We were in SW CO and there seems to be fires everywhere. Just left Grand Junction and there was a pretty good fire around there. Hope things get better soon and stay that way.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

LadyFireKissed

Keeping prayers going for everybody, I am over here by the Pine Ridge fire by Grand Junction that Lord Gauwyn spoke of.  They are saying about 24% contained for now.  Not personally in a evac zone, yet, but my parents may be if things turn bad. Again, saying prayers for all of the wonderfull people I have met here, and everyone else

Ian Maxwell

Blushing, I'm glad you'll be able to go home. I'm washing my car and motorcycle everyday, hoping that will bring rain. Good Luck.

Ian

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Not sure about the Spings but up here in the north we have gotten rain in the afternoon 4 days in a row now, This is good considering the 2nd largest recorded wildfire in the state was up here. Also the 2nd more expensive would have been first but the Spings got hit hard. Sad on all ends
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Ian Maxwell on July 01, 2012, 12:13:06 AM
Blushing, I'm glad you'll be able to go home. I'm washing my car and motorcycle everyday, hoping that will bring rain. Good Luck.

Ian
Not only that, Ian, but the ash is caustic and is hell on paint jobs if you let it stay too long.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Radu the Gypsy

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on June 29, 2012, 05:57:06 PM
They're reporting 25% containment now.... still tossing the newts into the cauldron in your behalf!

We need more Newts.

Merlin the Elder

I've ordered some Jumbo Newts. Perhaps that will help.

...Not trying to imply any of this is funny, I know it's not. I'm only trying to raise a smile behind the tears that I know are being shed.

Norfolk

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on July 03, 2012, 04:31:41 PM
...Not trying to imply any of this is funny, I know it's not.

Worry not, Good Merlin!  We know full well, understand, and appreciate your intent.

Fortunately, only the north end of the Waldo Canyon fire remains uncontained, meaning that the threat to lives and structures is now very low.  Even more fortunately, even though several of our renfaire family were forced to evacuate, as far as I know no one among them lost lost a home or property to the fire.  I know that is true for the cast, but a few of our playtrons didn't show last weekend, and we remain concerned for them.

This is the second time the Baroness and I had a near miss with wildfire.  We are NOT amused!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Rani Zemirah

I'm glad the July monsoons have started, and hope they continue to drop more wonderful H2O everywhere it's needed so badly!  Praying for rain, and singing my rain song every day!!!  Stay safe, my friends... 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Edmund Howard

Only monsoons relative to the complete drought we've been having.  But we've had sprinkles, scattered showers in places, and clouds that have brought some cooler weather.  I sure hope some better weather follows the blistering June.

Nighthawk

Thanks for the newts, Merlin. When you're doing it, make sure the newts and incantations don't include lighting and wind... Rain we need. The rest? Not so much! What we've needed is drizzling, soaking, calm storms, like they get in the midwest. Colorado storms tend to be rather violent. So far your newts have been helping- lots of moisture, a bit of wind... and not much else! I think the gods may have heard you.

Merlin the Elder

Does anyone have any word on Captain Spleen? I haven't hardly heard a peep from him this entire year! Nim and I are both concerned because of all the fires in the area.

Norfolk

Worry not, Merlin, Spleen is fine.  His current abode is well away from any current fire danger.  He even offered us refuge should the need arise.  He assures us that he is simply taking a summer away from Faire (and the forum) in order to pursue other interests, e.g., fishing and camping. 

Should you wish to send him a PM, I'm certain that he would be happy to hear from you.
Just call me "Your Grace"

LadyFireKissed

Just an update over here, they are hopeing to have this fire here at 100% containment by tonight!  In the meantime, still sending prayers to everyone still affected!