News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Midsommer Murders

Started by DonaCatalina, June 24, 2012, 08:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

The residents of Midsomer Mallow fear for their chances in the Perfect Village competition when a local thief and womanizer is brutally killed with a pitchfork. aired 2000.

The murder victim is Orlando Bloom (pre Lord of the Rings). And the estate belonging to the principal suspect is called Lothlorien.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

DonaCatalina

...and we are totally hooked on this series. They film all over England and use some of the coolest old buildings from 10th century castles to 15th century cottages.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

dbaldock

Several of the British Detective series have "Doctor Who" connections...

Peter Davison is a guest star in a couple of different shows, and has starred in "Campion" and "The Last Detective."
David Tennant is in an episode of "Foyle's War."
Laurence Fox (Billie Piper's husband) is "Detective Sergeant James Hathaway" in the series "Lewis."

There are probably others that I haven't seen or noticed.

Take Care,
David Baldock

EDIT: Updated info about Peter Davison.
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

DonaCatalina

Stonor Park has been one of their filming locations. The house has been in the possession of the Stonor family for 800 years. 
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

dbaldock

I had finished watching all of the episodes available on Netflix, through Season 11.

After reading your post, I went to Amazon Prime Video on Demand and restarted watching Midsomer Murders from Season 1 : Episode 1.

Enjoying watching Sergeant Troy's driving...  ;)   ;D
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

dbaldock

Seasons 12 & 13 are now on Netflix.  I've watched Season 12, and am now starting on Season 13.

From Wikipedia - Midsomer Murders - Episode List, Season 13 marks the end of Tom, Joyce, and Cully Barnaby on the show.  Season 14 opens with his cousin John Barnaby coming to work as the DCI at Causton Criminal Investigation Division.

DonaCatalina

we just watched "Murder in disguise' and it looks like Grey's castle garden was used extensively.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess