News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Stocks

Started by Kip, September 16, 2008, 10:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip

Mip, Rat catcher , and I  had a competition on Sunday to see who could get put in the stocks the most.  Well need less to say  Mip won she got put in 6 times. Rat catcher got put in 5 times.  And I got put in 5 times.

Scotsman

Hmmm, are the stocks in the pub? That is the only way that would be fun!  ;D

If that is the case, I was put in the "stocks" 23 times on Saturday (OHRF) and 21 times on Sunday  ;)
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

DuCoeur

I think they are talking about something completly different Scotsman.  But if we take "Stock" of our consumption...then I am right up there with you.

I would not look to repeat that at PRF because of the swill we serve...and it is a looong walk to the lot.
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Scotsman

Quote from: DuCoeur on September 16, 2008, 12:30:56 PM
...and it is a looong walk to the lot.

Considering the length of the walk, I will have to ensure that I am well "hydrated" for the heat and distance  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Sarai

Quote from: Kip on September 16, 2008, 10:58:39 AM
Mip, Rat catcher , and I  had a competition on Sunday to see who could get put in the stocks the most.  Well need less to say  Mip won she got put in 6 times. Rat catcher got put in 5 times.  And I got put in 5 times.

I say the King is far too lenient with you trouble makers... what good is getting sent to the stocks when you can outwit the royal guards and excape?

Professor M

I agree with Sarai.  There ought to be a way to really lock those things and leave them there for awhile.  Properly supervised, of course.   ::)
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Thomas the Ratcatcher

Kip, Mip and I were talking Monday about that, and we decided no.  It really made our neck, shoulders, and wrists sore (especially the shorter one, it's not made for tall people!!!)

But Sarai is right, we were getting away with SOOOO much.  It was actually kind of difficult to get sent to the stocks.

Kip

I can feel the love in the air today. I got the best freinds lol