News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Heading to Pennren!

Started by Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman, June 26, 2012, 01:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

So, the Duckman and wife are heading to your lovely faire this year, the weekend of October 13th. As first time visitors from out of state, anything we absolutely have to see/do/what have you?

BubbleWright

Greetings Captain! By coming in the Fall, you will have avoided the heat of August and September. While during the day it should be most pleasant, you may want to bring a warm cloak for the Final Joust and Finale in Song. Through out the Season there are Themed Weekends with  October 13th starting the Halloween Daze and Spooky Knights weekends. There are many things to see and do, so check out the web site below. On the banner there are topics of Entertainment, Merchants, Food at Faire, Beer & Wine. etc... click on those for more info. Of course the Faire is located at Mt. Hope Winery and they do have their own brew pub  ;D ;D ;D. Hope to see you there... The Bubble Wright

http://www.parenfaire.com/faire/main.php

"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

McGuinness

If you enjoy following the plotline of the day, come before the gate opens and be prepared to stay until the end of Finale In Song.  ;)

Otherwise, depends what you like. There is a huge variety of music shows, comedy shows, stunt and fight shows, independent acts, our version of the standard faire-fare (jousts, Shakespeare shows, etc) plus all the food and drink and the street improv and interaction that we are known for.

Koshiba

That must be the magic weekend, as my boyfriend and I will also be there that Sunday. I'm really looking forward to it! Our home faire is New York Renaissance Faire, and we've never been to any other faires. I just looked through the entertainment schedule and I have no idea how we're going to fit everything in! We were planning on visiting last year, but then it snowed. You never think you'll have to plan around snow in October... ::)

BubbleWright

Oh Captain, my Captain... I shall be there on Saturday with the Renaissance Bubble Machine near the Fountain out side the Gate before opening, and about the Shire thereafter. Stop by to say hello... Felix the Bubble Wright

PS- The weather report is calling for a sunny weekend with the temperature running 65 to 70 degrees F.

"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Koshiba

The boyfriend and I got home this afternoon after a lovely weekend in Pennsylvania. What a lovely faire you guys have, and we really lucked out with the weather! I saw you outside the gate (and later by the fountain near the Globe) on Saturday Mister Felix and of course had to pop a few bubbles. =)

While my home faire will always be my favorite, I definitely hope I can come back and visit PA again in the not-too-distant future!