News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Annual Reminder - Mock Faire Day

Started by Aaroncois, June 27, 2012, 08:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaroncois

Hey folks, this is my annual official (un-official) reminder about "Mock Faire Day." Bear in mind that I'm not affiliated with the fair in any way, and everything I know about MFD has been posted on message boards like this one, usually by people who also weren't officials of the Faire.

With those caveats in place, I'm planning to head up to Sterling on Thursday, July 5th for about the 4th or 5th year in a row for what ought to be the final dress rehearsal of the Bless the Mark Players. We'll go in garb and interact with the cast, giving them patrons to interact with and an audience as they put the finishing touches on their performances.

It's all very casual - just drive up, park, walk in, and be an enthusiastic audience. There won't be any faire programs, so it's a good idea to print one in advance if you can figure out where to do it. Last year I had to go to the office and they printed one out for me. There are no vendors, of course, so bring food and drink for yourself.

If you've never done Mock Faire Day, you're really missing out. There's just nothing quite like the faire grounds when they're so quiet and pastoral, and it's a great feeling to know you're helping the cast get ready for another awesome season.

Time-wise, MFD is run exactly like a regular faire day, but you can show up and leave at any time during the day.

irish

irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Xantrawler

We are coming. Will be our first tiem. Hay, someone needs to keep Irish out of trouble.

Aaroncois

Hey all - just a quick update that the faire schedule has been posted for the 2012 season! You can find it at http://www.sterlingfestival.com/FestivalEntertainment.html (there's a link on the left). Again, the only stuff that will be going on tomorrow is the stuff marked in yellow or purple. None of the other traveling performers, vendors, etc. will be there (well, they might be hanging around someplace, but they won't be performing).

Ozium

Wish i could join you all, but work is again interfering with my play time. Will see
everyone on Saturday, and remember to take extra water with you on the morrow.
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis