News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

4th Annual Casa Loma Renaissance Festival July 4-6, 2008

Started by SwordintheStoneCrafts, June 25, 2008, 11:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwordintheStoneCrafts

Next on the sched! From http://www.casaloma.org/Seasonal/:

QuoteFourth Annual Renaissance Festival
July 4-6, 2008

Step back in time and experience the excitement and adventure of the Renaissance at Casa Loma. Casa Loma's estate gardens will be transformed into a Renaissance-style village populated by vendors, village characters and the court of King Henry VIII.

Enjoy a performance by Men In Tights. This trio, renowned in the North American Renaissance Festival circuit, will perform a varied repertoire of Renaissance-themed comedies. Showtimes: 10:30; 11:30; 1:30; 3:00 Extra charge attraction - $2.00 for adults.

The Limey Birds-Sweet & Sassy Sirens with wicked wit and seamless a capella vocal music, they are known as one of the hottest "don't miss" acts of the Renaissance Festival circuit.
Showtimes: 10:00; 12noon; 2:00; 3:30

Sir Charles of Linton, with his bird of prey, will discuss their role as hunters, entertainers and companions of Kings and Knights.

Zoltan the Adequate, geek magician, will perform unconventional magic in our garden gazebo. Zoltan, a Renaissance Festival favorite, will amuse and astound with bizarre geek magic combined with more traditional magic trappings. Showtimes: 11:00; 12:30; 4:00

Katherine Centrone-Gypsy Camp
Discover a colourful gypsy camp in Casa Loma's gardens. Join in the festivities as Katherine Centrone demonstrates a variety of Renaissance inspired dances. Show times are: Front Courtyard-11:30, Gardens-1:00 and 2:30. Katherine will be available in the Gypsy Camp throughout the day.

Kingdom of High Tower
Once again, members from the Kingdom of High Tower will adorn Casa Loma's Renaissance Village with various characters from the Renaissance. Kingdom of Tower is family oriented and welcomes all ages! Members are present throughout all three days.

Added Attraction for Children!
On Saturday, July 05 the Knights of The Barrie Swordplay Association invite all to join them in the Stables foyer of Casa Loma for a day of chivalry, battle, victory and defeat! The Knights will duel, armoured in period gear and specialized weapons. Bring the family out to cheer on your favourite knight - The Red Knight (Gladiator), The Green Knight (Celt) or The Black Knight (Templar). Come watch and listen to the clang of shields, helmets and shouts of victory. The Knights will be challenging children and adults of all ages to friendly "duels". There is a $2.00 charge/child to fight with a knight. Historical talk and viewing of the fighting is included with the admission.
For a $5.00 fee children can become honorary Knights complete with certificate. Weapons, shields and helmets will be provided.

Casa Loma's Renaissance Festival is included with castle admission. For more information, please call 416-923-1171 or email operations@casaloma.org.

...and of course, you can take the tour of the castle itself, which is a lot of fun if you've never explored it.

You'll find me either in my merchant booth or in the beer garden ;).
Adam
fine leathergoods for the new renaissance

GirlChris

I'll be there this year as Anne Boelyn. Woo! I'll be spending a lot of time in those secret passage ways, I think.

Lady Anne Clare

I'll be there on the 5th with my mum and son.  It's our first time being at Casa Loma.  I just had to make a gown for the occasion  ;D

Hope to see you there  :)
I love historical sewing for the lack of zippers ;)

Lady Anne Clare

Thank you for sharing.  Those are amazing pics  :).  There was so much to see there I know I missed so much  :(

Orphena

Huzzah! A wonderful time was had by all, methinks! Saturday was by far the busiest - the line extended well across the courtyard for the ENTIRE day! People were still coming in at 4:30!

M'lord Dugyn and I had a wonderful time - Lady Saggitarius - we did not exchance much in the way of words - but I did meet thee briefly - and I believe we posed together for a picture or two!

Looking forward to the next one!
Luxurious Lady ~ Statuesque Seamstress ~ Winsome Wayfarer
Enjoyer of Elegant Elizabethan Ensembles

Lady Anne Clare

I had a wonderful time there and saw so many beautiful outfits and met many wonderful people. 

Lady Orphena are you perchance the Lady that was sitting that I tried to hide behind for the photo?   :D

By the time I had arrived at Casa Loma I hadn't slept for almost 24 hours and could barely recall my own name by that point but it was absolutely worth it.  I don't have the other set of pictures as of yet but when I do receive them, I will add them to my album.

I'm hoping to be there again next year with a friend who wants to go in garb as well.

Orphena

Lady Saggitarius - Aye, indeed, I was the tall lady sitting with Lady Sara and did beckon you over to stand for a portrait with us - Depending on the day, I was either garbed in brown/red velvet, or in a gold gown ladder laced up the front. M'lord Dugyn has posted pictures in which I am likely featured.

As an aside, to those who might not have heard the news yet, m'lord very romantically proposed whilst we were at faire on the Saturday, and there are reports that perchance, I glowed a little more than usual.
Luxurious Lady ~ Statuesque Seamstress ~ Winsome Wayfarer
Enjoyer of Elegant Elizabethan Ensembles

Escarlata

Adam, just wanted to say thanks for posting the link to your pictures and let you know that I included the link in today's FaireNews post (it's way down at the bottom).
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time