News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Childrens Hospital Charity

Started by Bahlien, July 05, 2012, 02:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bahlien

Hey everyone!  I've had an idea stuck in my head since last summer that I want to do by the end of this summer. That is to bring the fair (figuratively speaking) to the (a local?) Children's Hospital to bring some cheer and spirit to the sick kids there.  No money involved [save for fuel maybe] but that aside I'd like to get some people together and put together some skits and maybe a few songs and what not. I am aiming for some time around August, if that works out.

Is anyone else interested in doing something like this?  Also maybe someone here knows a person or two we could talk to about setting this up.
"Always with the negative waves, Always with the negative waves. Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful."

Norfolk

If you want current cast members' participation, you should get the approval of Festival management.  Otherwise, the non-competition clause of our contracts could pose a problem.  However, with management's approval, the Baroness and I would be interested.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Bahlien

This is purely out of a sense of charity and not some PR stunt on "behalf" of Fair nor is there any sort of Pay involved. So the non-competition clause really doesn't apply to this at all unless they really state that you're not allowed to do charity on your own personal time.  Secondly I do not answer to Festival Management in any shape or form presently, so I definitely don't need to ask for their permission for anyone to participate, nor should any of the cast. The only thing that would need permission really is if no one has their own outfit to bring along.

Also like I said it would be sometime in August, likely after Fair season here is over for the summer.
"Always with the negative waves, Always with the negative waves. Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful."