News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2012 KCRF Countdown!!

Started by Tamtaro, July 09, 2012, 02:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

Quote from: Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard on August 28, 2012, 06:38:25 PM
Quote from: Butch on August 28, 2012, 07:24:49 AM
Sure thing, brother!  I'll be there opening weekend.  Saturday from cannon until the parade, then Sunday and Monday all day long.  I'd be happy to show you around!

Will I find you in your trademark blue thrum hat?
Yeah!  Prob see me outside the gates before cannon.  I'll show you guys around!

HunterRose13

After missing KCRF last year my family is very ready for the season to start.  We will be at the Irish Fest Friday night and Saturday and then off to the Faire Sunday.  Hopefully we can drag out of bed early enough for cannon.

Tamtaro

Welcome Cap'n Graybeard!  Welcome (back?) Hunter Rose13!  We have to wake up very early to make opening cannon from Columbia!  Actually, it's the same time I wake up for work, but I like waking up for Ren Fest way more! ;D  I can't wait! *happy dance*  I'll be at the crepe stand most of the day ;D

kcdcchef

Tamtaro you and I are meeting for a crepe this season, darnit.

Rowan MacD

David and I have not yet decided if we will do KCRF this year.  We had our first official date there in 2006
   DMRF, Riverssance and quad cities Celtic fest pretty much shoots the month of September and first weekend of October.  Maybe 10/13? 
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Aniroaldawen

IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE, IT'S FINALLY HEEEEERREEEE!!!!!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Have a great opening day, those of you going, and try not to get *too* muddy! I'll be there around 5!!!!
HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Butch

Had a great opening day!  The rain kept most people away, except for the die-hards.  Luckily the rain stayed East of the beltway, so it was mostly sunny with a little drizzle.  The lanes were muddy and (in spots) sloppy.  I saw Tamtaro, Capt Hunnar Greybeard, and Gem today; and I only stayed until a little before 1!  The season passholder line was the worst it has been in the last 3-4 years.  It's always bad on opening day, but was exceptionally bad this year.  Appeared to be multiple changes to the grounds this year.  I look forward to my cannon to cannon experience tomorrow!

insidiousraven

If anyone goes by the duxbury patio  next to the wine bar and above the pond show, I'll be there playing flute every so often.  Not terribly exciting, but I'll have my R/F pin on.

kcdcchef

I've never been a mud enthusiast out there. However if it were my weekend to go, I'd go rain, snow, hail, mud, tornados, doesn't matter. I'd GO!

Delireus

I made it out this past Sunday, my boyfriend and I saw the Feast of Fools, and then we walked around for a bit. The heat got to my boyfriend so bad that we went back to the car and he took off his leather doublet and bracers. We had worked outside all day on Saturday, and only had about 6 hours of sleep before driving from Manhattan Sunday morning that we left faire around 5, so it was a very short day for us, but still a blast!

So...I feel incredibly stupid. We were in line to see the new Mermaid Cove and I see this woman and I'm like "I know her from somewhere". My boyfriend said he had never seen her, but I KNEW I had. I assumed we had possibly been in a class together at Kansas State, but I didn't want to be weird and be like "do I know you?". So, I said nothing.

It turns out it was Aniroaldawen! I recognized you just from your profile picture here! I highly doubt even if I had said something that I would have figured out that it was from this site that I knew you, but how crazy is that? I realized it on the way home that evening. Loved your outfit by the way!

- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

kcdcchef

so how is Mermaid Cove and where exactly is it on faire grounds? I'm also curious about this new castle they're building out there!

Delireus

Well...to be honest, I felt the Mermaid cove was somewhat lacking, but I do realize it's the first year they've done it and I can see it going far over time. It's actually just to the right of the Barbarian pit. There's a fenced off area, and a little path over a bridge, then you walk around a wooden fence and there's a pirate and a huge fish tank with a woman with a mermaid tail and some netting on. She sits/floats there, which I'm sure is very tiring, as she's basically holding herself up with just her arms. And then you walk out. It's very hidden, you can't see the mermaid at all from the main path of the festival, but there's a big sign telling you how to enter the path.

Here's a photo I found of the tank and girl

I think it's got great potential though!

The stone castle is awesome! It's fairly small as far as castles go, but the masonry is gorgeous and I cannot wait for it to be done. It's around the elephants I believe. There's a very pretty fountain by it and some planted flowers, it's very relaxing. A man sells geodes to break open right by it.
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Tamtaro

Quote from: kcdcchef on August 30, 2012, 12:17:20 PM
Tamtaro you and I are meeting for a crepe this season, darnit.
Commence to arm-twisting! HA! No twisting required :D

River Afton

Does anyone here happen to know the policy on guest cast? A friend of mine was told there are auditions, but I'm not completely buying that story, since I've never heard of auditions for guest cast. Any response is openly welcomed.  :)

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

Despite the rain and the mud, we enjoyed our first time at KCRF. It was great seeing familiar faces and meeting new people. Looking forward to coming back next weekend.
IPB Clan Chieftain - Clan Williams (Kansas)
Crew of The Bayou Scoundrel
Landshark #58