News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2012 KCRF Countdown!!

Started by Tamtaro, July 09, 2012, 02:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcdcchef

Quote from: Tamtaro on September 04, 2012, 10:39:10 AM
Quote from: kcdcchef on August 30, 2012, 12:17:20 PM
Tamtaro you and I are meeting for a crepe this season, darnit.
Commence to arm-twisting! HA! No twisting required :D

Cbus Sunday and Monday are my 2012 dates. So we'll hook up then!

Aniroaldawen

Aw, Delireus, you should'v'e said something! Would have been cool to meet someone from here, I've only met a few of you!
Yes, opening weekend...was...hot and sticky...and super fun and I loved it even though I felt like I was gonna die on Monday! Can't wait til 5 pm Saturday to go back!!!  ;D

Butch

I didn't make it Mon.  Was there Sat open-almost 1.  Was there Sun cannon to cannon (and had a few adult beverages between there!)

Had a great time, saw a number of familiar faces, and a few from here.  I look forward to seeing everyone else as the weekends roll on!

Remember to keep checking back regarding Columbus Day weekend; we should be having a number of non-local R/F-ers in the Shire that weekend!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Butch on September 05, 2012, 08:08:23 PM
I didn't make it Mon.  Was there Sat open-almost 1.  Was there Sun cannon to cannon (and had a few adult beverages between there!)

Had a great time, saw a number of familiar faces, and a few from here.  I look forward to seeing everyone else as the weekends roll on!

Remember to keep checking back regarding Columbus Day weekend; we should be having a number of non-local R/F-ers in the Shire that weekend!

We should try a "real" meet up
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on September 06, 2012, 05:54:42 AM
We should try a "real" meet up
Well HECK YES!!!
I've got those days off, so am planning to have a tailgate (pre-cannon) refreshment prepared!  During the day, I believe some of our fellow R/F'ers are already in coordination with the powers that be of the KCRF to be guest cast!
I'd like to suggest we all attend People's Court with the Lord Mayor at 1030 right up front (Merlin's Berm).  It is completely unscripted, and the Lord Mayor LOVES to hear any and all matters that weigh heavily on the residents and visitors to Canterbury.  Please feel free to have some sort of gripe to bring before the court!
Watch the KC thread here, we should be able to put some meet and greet together!

Merlin the Elder

What are they doing with my berm? I've been looking EVERYWHERE for that!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Earl of Surrey

For the visiting nobility from Larkspurshire, all things continue to be in readiness for Columbus Day weekend.

Our persons should be in attendance for Saturday and Sunday.  And father and mother, the Duke and Duchess of Norfolk, are planning all three days, I believe.

We will all be fresh from our time in Santa Fe, which is this coming weekend, where we will be reprising our roles -- though interestingly one generation backwards in history.  I will be my father, and he will be his father, compared to the roles we play at CRF.

The entire Howard Family is looking forward to it.

Surrey
--The Paris Hilton of the 16th Century--

The Earl and Countess of Surrey  (off with my head, on January 19, 1547)

Norfolk

The Duchess and I are looking very much forward to seeing our son and daughter-in-law play us in Santa Fe.  Talk about your cognitive dissonance!

But we are looking even more forward to our weekend in Kansas City, which has been one of our very favorite faires for many years.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Earl of Surrey

Ah, Father, your Grace,

It appears you have finally shed your disguise as the Baron von Schaumberg and revealed your true self.  It was a wicked ploy to masquerade as the ambassador, but I have no doubt you have obtained valuable information we can use to advance the Howard family interest.

I do wish to point out, though it may be simply more of your clever scheming, that your picture is not appearing on the left... for me.  Not sure why, and perhaps others can see it while I cannot.

Looking forward to being in your presence this Friday.  Your dutiful, and ever overdrawn, son.

Surrey

--The Paris Hilton of the 16th Century--

The Earl and Countess of Surrey  (off with my head, on January 19, 1547)

Norfolk

Quote from: Earl of Surrey on September 18, 2012, 02:48:43 PM
Ah, Father, your Grace,

It appears you have finally shed your disguise as the Baron von Schaumberg and revealed your true self.  It was a wicked ploy to masquerade as the ambassador, but I have no doubt you have obtained valuable information we can use to advance the Howard family interest.

I do wish to point out, though it may be simply more of your clever scheming, that your picture is not appearing on the left... for me.  Not sure why, and perhaps others can see it while I cannot.

Looking forward to being in your presence this Friday.  Your dutiful, and ever overdrawn, son.

Surrey

Aye, my son, thou hast the right of it.  Methinks the fictional Baron hath his purpose served, and 'tis time he doth fade from the scene.  

As for my portrait, it remains unchanged in my view.  Mayhap others viewing this thread can'st advise upon which of us is correct.

Norfolk
Just call me "Your Grace"

Craigmeister

It looks like my wife's cousin will be going w/ me to the Renfest.  I have Robin Hood garb but this is her 1st Renfest.  Is there a place to rent garb at KCRF?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

kcdcchef

i don't believe there's a garb rental there, but i could be wrong on that one.
tamtaro? butch?  you guys know?

i know they have the photography places where you can put garb on over your clothing for a photo. other than that, not sure.

Butch

I do not believe they have any garb rental places in the lanes.

Craigmeister

Well that's not cool.  Big Renfaires could make a fortune w/ that.  How many thousands of people fall in love w/ Renfaires their 1st time there & want to envelope themselves in it?  Anyway, thanks for the info.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Amyj

Pirate Bob and I are coming up for Sat and most of Sunday!  Yay!!!  Didn't think we'd make it, but we couldn't break our 15 year tradition!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH