News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2012 countdown

Started by Alaric, July 11, 2012, 01:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaric

Well we are a few weeks from the first cannon of 2012. Man the last year has flown by!

Hopefully they will release the theme weekends soon!

And more hopefully this oppressive heat will go away and the weather will be nice!.

Does anybody know of any new stuff for this year? I did see they are getting a new Garb Merchant: Dress Your Dreams. (they make nice stuff and have a booth at PARF)  Wondering if there will be any new buildings this year and more merchants.

arbcoind

I'm looking forward to the theme weekends announcement.  There is garb to plot!  I don't know of anything new this year, it's always fun to just go and explore.

Gina

Alaric

Quote from: arbcoind on July 12, 2012, 11:58:49 AM
I'm looking forward to the theme weekends announcement.  There is garb to plot!  I don't know of anything new this year, it's always fun to just go and explore.

Gina

:D Its even more fun with a few pub stops along the way.

arbcoind

Oh yes!  That is the first thing to explore.  And then the second, and finally the third.

Gina

kcdcchef

they are touting expanded festival grounds on their facebook page, so i'm curious which way they expanded and what they've added. say what you want about the new ownership, but i love what they've done with the grounds in recent years.

Alaric

Less than a month to go and still no theme weekends

kcdcchef

yeah that kind of alarms me a little bit.

Alaric

Opening Weekend " An Adventure to the Past" August 25 & 26
Come join us in a celebration of music and dance as we put out the royal welcome mat for King Henry and Queen Katherine's arrival at the castle. Meet our new cast of villagers, enjoy our first-class entertainers and revisit old favorites. Take advantage of the "Buy One, Get One Free" offer this weekend only available at Wendy's Restaurants!

Childrens Weekend! September 1, 2 & 3 Labor Day
Prince, Princess & Pirate Party
Throughout this weekend dedicated to young lads and lasses, children 12 and under experience the Festival for free with a paying adult. Special activities including the Prince, Princess and Pirate Costume Contest, the Royal Quest, knighting ceremonies and photos with the King and Queen. Enjoy medieval rides and games of skill.

Wine Revelry! September 8 & 9
"Good wine is familiar creature if it be used well"(Othello by William Shakespeare). For this weekend dedicated to "The Nectar of the Gods" we intend to use it very well indeed. Participate in the legendary Grape Stomp Competitions for prizes, as well as Free Sampling of some of the finest
vintages from local Pennsylvania wineries. Discover where it all began!

Irish Festivalis! September 15 & 16
Celebrate the Luck O' the Irish with us this weekend! Featured Favorites include Irish Dancing, Lively Music, Beer, Fyne Foods from the Emerald Isle, and so much more. Share a "Bit O' the Blarney" with their Majesties King Henry and Queen Anne in this Most Joyous Weekend. Join us at the Pirates' Pub for Fyne Irish Songs, Good Beer and Good Cheers!

Celtic Fling! September 22 & 23
Listen to the traditional sounds of Celtic musicians, Scottish pipe bands and madrigal singers throughout the Realm. Sing along with our Irish Troubadour as he performs popular ballads. Irish dancers and Bag Pipers will also be featured this weekend. Get ready to don ye kilts for the Men in Kilts Contest.

Oktoberfest: A Final Huzzah! September 29 & 30
"Willkommen"(a Hearty Welcome), as you join your Village Hosts King Henry and Queen Katherine in an Oktoberfest Celebration and a Farewell to the Festival Season. Tantalize your taste buds with Traditional German Favorites such as Bratwurst, Sauerkraut, and Chocolates! German Music, Dancing, Lederhosen and Tavern Wenches will delight one and all with a fun-filled taste of Bavaria. Come Eat, Drink, and Make Merry with us at the Castle!

Same as last year it looks like  ;D

arbcoind

Yes, exactly the same as last year. 

Gina

loxley

Since the German Brothers are not hosting Oktoberfest, I presume they are not returning. I will miss them.  However, I see on the webpage that the Duellists are back. 

kcdcchef

hope they're back -  but cant seem to find a website for them. So not sure if they'll be back or not. Hopeful.......

Still wanting to find out what expanded festival grounds means.

Alaric

Quote from: kcdcchef on July 29, 2012, 08:16:04 PM

Me too!

kcdcchef

Quote from: Alaric on July 30, 2012, 09:18:06 AM
Quote from: kcdcchef on July 29, 2012, 08:16:04 PM

Me too!

for all the bashing PGH Renfest takes on this site, the present ownership I mean - like them or not they've done a ton with the grounds there.

arbcoind

Alaric

I'm glad somebody bought the fair and it didn't close