News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2012 countdown

Started by Alaric, July 11, 2012, 01:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arbcoind

With 3 weeks to go I've begun the joyous task of garb plotting.  Also purchased advance tickets for each weekend and lined up transportation. 
Gina

Alaric

I am nowhere near that organized  ;)

I'm not sure how many weekends I will get to attend. I hope it cools down. Its been so hot this summer I know I am going to be sweating a ton before I even make it through the gate.  I suppose if it is too hot I will be parked at the inn a good deal.

loxley

Is it just me or does it seem that there are significantly less acts being advertised than in past years?  The web page is only displaying 9 acts.  That seems much smaller than in past years.  I am somewhat apprehensive.  

arbcoind

The web page doesn't show much at all.  But I'm not worried.

So now to decide...which theme weekend to steampunk? 

Gina

MasterMike

Was just up there this past weekend getting my booth ready.  They've expanded a bit behind the pirates pub, theres now a maze and a small stand in front of it.  Didn't explore but it looked like the grounds crew was still working.

Alaric

Oh cool the kids love mazes it should end up being popular.

Which shop is yours Mike?
:P
Edit I see which one nevermind

arbcoind

A maze beyond the pub....don't let me do it.   

Our weather has cooled considerably.  Upper 70s instead of 90s.  I certainly hope it stays this way. 

Gina

Alaric

Quote from: arbcoind on August 14, 2012, 12:45:35 PM
A maze beyond the pub....don't let me do it.   

Our weather has cooled considerably.  Upper 70s instead of 90s.  I certainly hope it stays this way. 

Gina

What no tipsy maze crawling? :P 
You and me both.  upper 90's plus high humidity is not very much fun.   Forecast is calling for rain and mid 70's but it will probably change by then.

arbcoind

Mmmmmm, mud!  I don't care if it rains, just so it's not HOT!  My beer gets warm too fast.

With 10 days to go, garb plotting for 6 Saturdays is complete.  I have some hat feather issues, but I'll work on those this weekend. 

Did everyone get their coupons from Wendy's?

Gina

Alaric

I didn't get them yet. Last year they had a big pile of them out front so I wasn't overly worried about getting any.

kcdcchef

I've seen the tickets on sale at Walgreens and such, will be getting me some!!

arbcoind

See ya bright and early tomorrow!  The weather is to be a beautiful, sunny, low humidity 85 degrees.  Don't forget sunscreen! 

Gina

Alaric

I never burn but the Mrs will need the sunscreen.  I'm going to try and make it to cannon for once   

Oh on the fair website the finally fixed the brochure download. Looks like there are about 20 new vendors!