News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New for 2012

Started by Butch, July 15, 2012, 06:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

It looks like they're having TWO pub crawls per day this year hosted by Akbar. 

The Feaste of Fooles (that Akbar hosted in seasons past) will be hosted by Robin Hood this year.

I believe that the Musical Blades just announced that they have lost two of their members this year (that is, they dropped from the band).

Also, the Foole Monty is not coming back this year.

I CAN HARDLY WAIT!

Tamtaro

Which person/character is Akbar?

The first year I saw the Musical Blades at KC, there was a WENCH in the crew and Cap't. Patch had HAIR!  (On his head, that is, but I think it was a wig...)

Butch

The guy on the top of this page  http://www.kcrenfest.com/events/daily.html

In the red turban.

The king this year was the guy "Jeff the Gnome" in years past.  You may have seen him in "Fairy Tales and Hay Bales".

kcdcchef

Quote from: Butch on July 15, 2012, 06:17:14 PM
It looks like they're having TWO pub crawls per day this year hosted by Akbar. 

The Feaste of Fooles (that Akbar hosted in seasons past) will be hosted by Robin Hood this year.

I believe that the Musical Blades just announced that they have lost two of their members this year (that is, they dropped from the band).

Also, the Foole Monty is not coming back this year.

I CAN HARDLY WAIT!

very VERY disappointed about the foole monty, loved them. great addition last year. but such is the nature of faires.

BUT, we get Axel The Sot back in 2012!!!! He's been gone for years, and he's pretty awesome.

no chess this season, that stinks.

Tamtaro

Ye ol' Facebook indicates KCRF management is trying to get ye ol' Chess back for this year:

"Due to unforeseen circumstances we are a month out and in desperate need of a director, writer and choreographer for the Combat Chess Match. Anyone out there qualified and has the time and interest Should contact the office on Monday and talk to Jim or Tina at 913-721-2110."
(posted 7/28)

kcdcchef

Quote from: Tamtaro on August 10, 2012, 12:42:44 PM
Ye ol' Facebook indicates KCRF management is trying to get ye ol' Chess back for this year:

"Due to unforeseen circumstances we are a month out and in desperate need of a director, writer and choreographer for the Combat Chess Match. Anyone out there qualified and has the time and interest Should contact the office on Monday and talk to Jim or Tina at 913-721-2110."
(posted 7/28)

hopeful they can pull it together. love KCRF chess.

Tamtaro

I like both the front-gate & human chess revelries.  It's fun to see bunches of characters in one area.  The view is better from the tiered seating - you have to get in the front if you want to watch at the gate (or be tall or be a little kid who can sneak to the front :D)  I'm easily distracted (ooo, shiny!) so not always perfectly punctual. 
P.S. Spell check thinks I should change "ooo" to "poo"... :P

kcdcchef

we gotta meet up in 2012. cbus day weekend is my renfest weekend.