News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sleeve Eye Candy thread

Started by gem, July 18, 2012, 03:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gem

I found another one!
More Pinterest sleeves!

This one is mostly NOT historical, but there are some really artistic sleeve treatments featured, as well as basic drafting tutorials.

Check this out:

Also some links from Festive Attyre, etc. Good stuff!

Rani Zemirah

Those are FUN!  I LOVE the lace sleeve, and the strappy one is really neat, also! 

For some reason the double cap treatment reminds me of something you might see a cute alien girl wearing on an old episode of Star Trek (which of course means that I love it, also!)...  :D  heheh 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Crimson

I like the strappy one too!  Wonder what I could incorporate that in...
Lady Crimson Cadena

Clan of the Celtic Rogues
TRF
Sherwood Forest Faire (Home faire)

"I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then" - Alice

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The lacy sleeve just gave me an idea for a future fantasy project..
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

gem

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on August 05, 2014, 03:15:24 AM
For some reason the double cap treatment reminds me of something you might see a cute alien girl wearing on an old episode of Star Trek (which of course means that I love it, also!)...  :D  heheh

That was my thought, too!  ;D I think it's b/c of the highly textured double knit fabric it's made from, and of course, the bright solid almost-red. Very William Ware Theiss/Robert Blackman. But what I liked about it, for *Ren* costuming, is the idea of a double-layer doublet wing. Yes? Can't you see it?

And Lady K, if you like that lace engageante (is there a singular of engageantes?), check out this Alexander McQueen confection in brodierie anglaise!! (The picture is too huge to post here, alas.)

Crimson, aren't those straps great?

Trillium

Love the lace sleeves!!  definitely right up my alley!
Got faerie dust?

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: gem on August 05, 2014, 12:00:14 PM
But what I liked about it, for *Ren* costuming, is the idea of a double-layer doublet wing. Yes? Can't you see it?

Oh, yes... I can definitely picture it!  And for either a mans doublet OR a ladies doublet bodice, with sleeves attached underneath! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on August 06, 2014, 05:21:43 AM
But what I liked about it, for *Ren* costuming, is the idea of a double-layer doublet wing. Yes? Can't you see it?

Oh, yes... I can definitely picture it!  And for either a mans doublet OR a ladies doublet bodice, with sleeves attached underneath!
It would certainly work....either a dressy man's doublet; definitely a lady's.....
What do you think?  The upper wing longer...or the lower?
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Stuben

Quote from: Rowen MacD on August 06, 2014, 08:24:58 AM
Quote from: Rani Zemirah on August 06, 2014, 05:21:43 AM

It would certainly work....either a dressy man's doublet; definitely a lady's.....
What do you think?  The upper wing longer...or the lower?

Several of Robert Dudley's portraits show multiple wing shoulder treatments.
http://humphrysfamilytree.com/Dudley/1st.earl.leicester.portraits.html