News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Owain Phyfe

Started by raevyncait, July 23, 2012, 04:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raevyncait

Some of ya'll on Facebook may have already heard, but Owain Phyfe is currently hospitalized near his home. He has had a biopsy, but no results are known yet.

Like so many of our performer & vendor friends on the Circuit, he has no medical insurance. RESCU has been contacted and the paperwork necessary there is in process, but that takes time. No work = no pay. 

Fundraising has begun. And if you'd like to contribute, this open group on Facebook has several people's posts about either sending money via paypal to a specific person, or people who are donating a portion of their sales etc. for a specific time period, and an address for Owain & Paula if you wish to send money directly. 
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/314018545360069/

Also, prayers, good vibes, whatever are most appreciated.
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Lady Deborah

Had a call tonight, Owain is home from the hospital. 

DonaCatalina

Good to hear that at least.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

Has anyone been able to glean out of all the noise just exactly what happened? I heard cancer, then not cancer, then by-pass, then cancer again.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

This is one of many posts from Facebook regarding Owain's condition.

"Latest information on Owain from Jamie Haeuser: "Owain had a small leak between his small intestine and stomach which caused inflammation in the area. He also had a small and, as it turns out, unrelated spot on his lung. The lung biopsy showed that was NOT cancer but a fungus. The bypass operation was to bypass - by disconnection one part and attaching it to another - the area with the small leak. The abdominal mass is still there but now the physicians can deal with that straightforwardly. He may need chemotherapy; he may need more surgery." Jamie went on to say this is the information she's gotten from Owain and Paula - not from the physician."
IPB Clan Chieftain - Clan Williams (Kansas)
Crew of The Bayou Scoundrel
Landshark #58

Bob of the Lake

Owain posted this to his own Facebook page today:

"This has not been fun, nor anticipated. After eighteen excruciating days, I have just returned home from the hospital. I look (and feel) like the Green Man, after a Colorado forest fire. The good news: I am once again in the safe care of my favorite, and very capable nurse, Lady Paula.

Dear, Friends, I am so deeply touched by your out-pouring of well wishes and your gifts of financial help.
I am so blessed. After all, I'm just some little guy who plays the great songs of Ancient Times, at little venues across the country, loving what I do, but still trying to scratch out a living.

It's time now to take-on the cancer directly. Thank you for adding to my resolve. During the eighteen days of hospitalization, I didn't have to struggle to conger up personal theories and thoughts on the 'meaning of life,' No. I just laid back, armed with your sentiments, and learned the lessons from you. Thank You."

He says "cancer" but isn't specific about what kind or where. Regardless of what it is, I'm going to continue sending good thoughts!
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Lord Clisto of York

Big prayers, thoughts and healing powers go out to him. He will beat this. We all wish him the best. We need our Bard.

Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

Just posted on the Facebook group:

From Jamie Haeuser --
"We have some news. Owain Phyfe has pancreatic cancer that has spread to the stomach. He starts radiation therapy in two weeks. His pancreatic function remains normal. I'm going to talk to some oncologist friends tomorrow and see what it means. In the meantime, Owain is happily at home with Lady Paula, sleeping in his own bed and eating light meals. He had a thimble full of cabernet. They are also looking at alternative therapies. Owain, I recommend Amarone over wheat grass."
IPB Clan Chieftain - Clan Williams (Kansas)
Crew of The Bayou Scoundrel
Landshark #58

Capt. Morgan

For those wishing to contribute money to Owain and Lady Paula there are several ways...

A CD compiled by Vinny Polowy of The Plunder Doggs is on sale, with the combined talents (to name just a few)....

Master Owain Phyfe
The Plunder Doggs
Judy Plester
Michael Manderen
Captain John Stout
Silent Lion
Rogues of Rafferty
Terry Griffith

...and many more! All proceeds going to Owain and Lady Paula!!

http://kunaki.com/Sales.asp?PID=PX00Z1W86K

Checks can be sent directly to them:

Check out the "We Love Owain Phyfe" fb page for more information on how you can donate to our dear friend, Owain. In these tough times, we all know how difficult it is to give so if you are unable, please keep Owain, Lady Paula and their family in your thoughts and prayers....

I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Lady Deborah

Thank you Capt for posting the additional info.  CD ordered! 

Lady Deborah

And I hope it is with your blessing that I have copied your post and placed it on the Michigan Faire page. 

Lord Clisto of York

CD ordered here as well.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Capt. Morgan

Quote from: Lady Deborah on August 09, 2012, 09:04:20 PM
And I hope it is with your blessing that I have copied your post and placed it on the Michigan Faire page.

MOST definitely and MOST appreciated! The more word we can get out the better!! Thanks!!
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Lady Kett

Lots of thoughts and prayers are being said here for Owain!

Bob of the Lake

Ordered CD and sending healing thoughts.
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel