News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Owain Phyfe

Started by raevyncait, July 23, 2012, 04:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Clisto of York

Got my CD just yesterday and it is fantastic. Glad to be able to help and also get a lot of great artists and songs as well.

Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Jared Thorne

Just placed my order for the CD. I will gladly offer what help I can for the Bard of Hollygrove, although it has been many years since I have seen him perform.

Grammercy
Jared Thorne
aka Sir Charles of Loveland Castle
KOGT
Rogue #261
LVH #76
IFRP #80

Lord Clisto of York

Question: I have had my CD for a week now and it is great, and I know Rio and a few others will be selling them at the Michigan Faire as well. Does anyone know if there is another "Owain Back Stage" pass being sold for RESCU as well this year? I will be coming to Mich Faire as usual this fall and I would like to get another one.

Thanks
Lord Clisto

Capt. Morgan

From fb update...

This was posted by Jamie Haeuser, who has been our liaison between Owain Phyfe's and his wife Paula, and the rest of the Renaissance Festival world:
"We need prayers and thoughts and energy. We need love and light for Lady Paula."
For those who do not know him, Owain is probably the best interpreter and performer of true renaissance songs to ever grace a Renaissance Festival stage. He has a very aggressive cancer, and I would consider it a personal favor if any of you (even if you don't know him or his music) to include them in your prayers for the next few days.
Thank you.
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Pharmar Greybeard & Maria

Our prayers are with them.

Lady Renee Buchanan

My heart sinks at hearing this.  He played at Peoria in June, and when I told him that we've missed him for so many years not being at Bristol, he said he'd love to come back.  I told him I would write to the entertainment director and ask for him to come back.

He looked great in June, and sounded great as well.  It must have happened pretty quickly, and when I first found out, I started praying for him.  He is so well-loved.  Many, many times at Bristol this summer, at the end of their shows, different entertainers asked the audience to keep Owain in their thoughts and prayers, even if they didn't know who he was.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Capt. Morgan

Update from Jamie over on the "We Love Owain Phyfe" fb page....

So here's a Paula update - nice long chat with her yesterday. She continues in fine form; she has lots of support there. Their two sons live there, and people are doing chores for her. The two boys next door grew up to have a lawn business and are doing her gardening. She is at the hospital a lot, but also has time for her "altar" in her kitchen. She asked me to again tell you all how much the funding, love and prayers mean to Owain and to her.

I'm sure we all continue to keep Owain, Lady Paula and their family in our hearts and prayers...
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Merlin the Elder

Facebook posts are reporting that Owain has passed away. I would hope this isn't true.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Once Debauched

Sadly, I believe Merlin is correct.  I just logged into Facebook and his page is full of well wishes as he travels beyond.  I came here to see if I could find confirmation of what I was reading. 

My heart is heavy.
IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

Lady Margarita

Yes, I heard that Owain had passed away as well.  My husband had the honor of playing along side Owain at the St. Louis
Renaissance Faire for many years.  He shall be greatly missed. 

DonaCatalina

Yes, we have lost a great light.  :'(
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lord Clisto of York

Unfortunately it is true. Owain passed quietly away today surrounded by family. God has called him home to play for him. And what better person to do so. He will be truly missed.

Lord Clisto

Tipsy Gypsy

I wasn't privileged to know Owain as well as the rest of you, but I'm blessed to have met him and been charmed by his magic voice. Fair winds, Owain, 'till we all meet again.
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

cowgrrl

We've all been down today since we heard the news. My daughter was almost sobbing. Such a good man with a great heart. I'm SO glad we made sure to see him Memorial Day weekend & have him sing my daughters favorite song one more time.

Rowan MacD

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt