News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Owain Phyfe

Started by raevyncait, July 23, 2012, 04:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Nicolette

I am so saddened by this.  My heart goes out to his family and all of us who so enjoyed his performances, whether solo or with an ensemble.
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

DonaCatalina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVRjmTdM4c8

Please remember while we miss the Bard, Lady Paula will still need some assistance dealing with this financially.
Quote from: raevyncait on July 23, 2012, 04:26:27 PM
Like so many of our performer & vendor friends on the Circuit, he has no medical insurance. RESCU has been contacted and the paperwork necessary there is in process, but that takes time. No work = no pay. 

Fundraising has begun. And if you'd like to contribute, this open group on Facebook has several people's posts about either sending money via paypal to a specific person, or people who are donating a portion of their sales etc. for a specific time period, and an address for Owain & Paula if you wish to send money directly. 
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/314018545360069/
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Capt. Morgan

A post from Master Owain and Lady Paula's dear friend Jamie, with details of memorial services scheduled:

Owain has left us.

With him when he passed was his beloved Lady Paula, his brother Norman, his sons and daughter in law. He was not in pain. He will be with us forever.
No funeral will happen. Instead, a pair of celebrations of his beautiful life and wondrous gifts will take place. One, this coming Saturday at the Michigan Faire - 7 PM in the large white pavilion next to the castle. If so moved, bring a dish to share and your beverage of choice. Two, at the Sherwood Forest Faire Celtic Festival in Texas, September 22-23, details to be announced. And maybe one more at my house in Louisiana in November.

Thank you, on behalf of Lady Paula and Owain, for all your stories and prayers and energy. It meant so much.

I have this notion that Owain just decided his work was done here. I wonder where he is singing now? Whatever your belief, join me in thanking God, Goddess, Providence or your choice of deity or fate that this lovely, lovely man was with us for as long as we were meant to have the pleasure of his company. Thank you, Mr. Phyfe.
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Lady Rosaline

He will be missed greatly. He and his family will be kept in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm the reason the rum is gone! (Unless Teach is near by!)

Jon Hanslow

What an amazing man, with amazing music. I wish I could shake his hand once more....

Does anyone know the best way to get a hold of his music?  I regret that I was never able to get any of his music when I saw him live.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Jon Hanslow of The Cabin Boys!
www.facebook.com/thecabinboysrf - LIKE us on Facebook!

AJ in "The other village"

Lady Gregory

Very sad news.  Prayers to all who loved him.

dbaldock

Quote from: Jon Hanslow on September 06, 2012, 07:47:54 PM
What an amazing man, with amazing music. I wish I could shake his hand once more....

Does anyone know the best way to get a hold of his music?  I regret that I was never able to get any of his music when I saw him live.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Owain's albums are available through CDBaby from Nightwatch Recording - http://www.cdbaby.com/group/nightwatch

He's on the albums listed as - "Owain Phyfe", "Owain Phyfe with L'Ensemble Josquin", "Owain Phyfe & The New World Renaissance Band", and "The New World Renaissance Band".

The instrumentalists who play with him as "The New World Renaissance Band" are the group "Cantiga".

I do not know which albums by other musicians that Owain may have performed on.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

DonaCatalina

There is also a cd of Wolgemut with Owain recorded live at Pennsic. We bought our copy at TRF; possibly it is available through Wolgemut's page.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

RIP, Most Honored Bard...

May the Lord take ye into his arms and ease your suffering...
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Jon Hanslow

Thank you much guys. :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
Jon Hanslow of The Cabin Boys!
www.facebook.com/thecabinboysrf - LIKE us on Facebook!

AJ in "The other village"

RenFestHQ

Going to feel weird without him singing at fair.
His voice over near the wine tasting was one of most memorable things
Also him running around with a Redneck Wine Glass

RenFestHQ

Just want to let everyone know
There will be a Candlelight Processional for Owain on November 3rd at the Louisiana Renaissance Festival