News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Throw Open The Gates.......!

Started by BubbleWright, August 02, 2012, 02:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleWright

This Saturday is the start of the PaRenFaire Season. See link below for a video introduction to the cast......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk-YxCnvcCU&feature=youtu.be

"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

McGuinness

Well, some of the cast anyway. That is far from all of us.

We had an excellent day today for Summer Youth Day, our first performances for kids camps and the like. Cant wait for you all to see the show!

scarletnyx

Hah! I wish our fair had a John Dee on cast!

Everyone looks lovely and ready for those gates to open! Here's to a hugely successful run for PaRF! Huzzah!
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

BubbleWright

Did it rain and storm? I left just before 4 PM when a number of lighting strikes hit on the north side of the turnpike. I caught some rain but was out of it before I got to Manheim. The weather cleared and was sunny south of Lancaster. ???

"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

McGuinness

Saturday it rained a bit, but mostly just sprinkles. The rest was all bluster, thankfully. Sunday was much worse though...the show got shut down for maybe half an hour or so because of a pretty bad storm that blew through, and then it drizzled pretty steadily for most of the rest of the day. Not a total washout, but definitely not ideal.

Jay Byrd

How long does PARF run?  What is the last weekend?

Thanks,

Jay Byrd

BubbleWright

The last weekend is October 27th/28th. See link below for weekend Themes....

http://www.parenfaire.com/faire/themedweekends.php

Antoine de St. Exupery

Jay Byrd

BubbleWright,

Thank you for the info.

Jay Byrd

Bob of the Lake

I'm aiming to visit on Saturday, October 6. BubbleWright, will you be there that day?
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

BubbleWright

Robert du Lac... The Bubble Wright will be making a special appearance at PARF Saturday October 6th, God willing and the creek don't rise... (wink, wink... nudge, nudge)  ;D ??? ::)

Antoine de St. Exupery

Bob of the Lake

- Hammy the Squirrel

Bob of the Lake

Unfortunately, life has intervened and I won't be at PARF this weekend. I've tentatively rescheduled for Oct. 20. I am sorry if that means I won't get to see you again this year, BubbleWright. But I'm sure our paths will cross again!
            - Hammy the Squirrel

BubbleWright

Hey Bob! I was hoping to be there on the 20th to greet our Canadian visitors with the RBM. That may be problematic as my supply of bubble soap is low and I cleaned out my local TOYS R US but still do not have a good supply  :'( :'( :'(. Bubble soap goes off the shelf in late summer. Had I known I would be retrieving the RBM I would have stocked up. I'll let you know if I'll be there........ Felix
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Bob of the Lake

Felix, what are you using for bubble soap these days? (Sorry, I know you told me but I forgot,) I can check around and see if the stores near me still have some. I'll bring it on the 20th. If you're not at there that day, I'll just hold it until the next time I see you.  :)
            - Hammy the Squirrel

BubbleWright

In the olden days I used MR. BUBBLES but that product is long gone. If I can, now I snag GAZILLION BUBBLES. Second choice is MIRACLE BUBBLES, which is usually mediocre to just ok. I buy the largest bottles available... Felix
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Bob of the Lake

Duly noted--I'll see what I can do. Cheers!
            - Hammy the Squirrel

BubbleWright

Hey Bob... I just scored 10 16 ounce bottles of bubble soap, so I should have enough to complete the season. It priced out at $15.92 a gallon... OUCH! But I get paid in smiles and giggles, so it's worth it.  ;D

Antoine de St. Exupery

Bob of the Lake

Glad to hear it, Felix! I struck out at my local Toys-R-Us this weekend so I'm glad you found a supply. $15.92 a gallon?! Ouch is right! Maybe you should start passing the hat  ;) ;D
            - Hammy the Squirrel