News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Anyone getting the MN Ren Fest itch?

Started by winterland, August 06, 2012, 04:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winterland

The cooler weather has gotten me thinking about our lovely fest. Checking to make sure garb is in order. Any budget for something new etc?

With such a hot summer was hoping it would cool off in time. Not that I want any early winter. I see weather.com showing the days leading up to opening, highs in the low 80's and lows in the 60's.
I don't mind a warm summer but the cooling off has been nice.

Seems like it has been a long time since there has been any cool days at our fest. Would someday like a wool cloak but don't know if the weather would ever be cool enough to wear it. I do appreciate and admire seeing people wearing the warm garb when it is hot out. 

Marietta Graziella

Are you kidding?! Of course I'm have the itch for fest but my garb isn't ready. There are beads to be beaded, skirts to be pleated, and friends to be meeted.  OK, not really a word but it rhymed.  :D
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Maryfairy

I think I will wait til it is cooler to go too. One year it was almost 100 and that was just way to hot to have any fun. I don't know how the people do it that are dressed so hot.

groomporter

Try some calamine lotion  ::)
Excited since we I'll have at least four small game tables ready for sale.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

auntiegiggles

I'm excited for fest too!  I'm not on cast so I can spend time with friends  ;D  Garb is not quite ready but close.  I may even have new garb to wear  :D
Everything goes better with giggles

drow

its my wife's first year as a proper merchant, so yeah, pretty excited.  :D
>>< drow ><<

escherblacksmith

excited a bit and somewhat fearful.  My first year of bringing the young'n to work with me for MacGregor . . . Should be interesting.
--

Marietta Graziella

I've just checked the "projected" temperatures for the month. Obviously they are just "guestimations" but it is saying that opening weekend will be around 77/78.  I can handle that very well, thank you!!

Also, be mindful of the humidity. If it's low, I don't mind the soaring temperatures. Pause in the shade, stay hydrated, take breaks from walking around. Easily done no matter what you are wearing.  ;D

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on August 07, 2012, 08:54:54 AM
I've just checked the "projected" temperatures for the month. Obviously they are just "guestimations" but it is saying that opening weekend will be around 77/78.  I can handle that very well, thank you!!

Also, be mindful of the humidity. If it's low, I don't mind the soaring temperatures. Pause in the shade, stay hydrated, take breaks from walking around. Easily done no matter what you are wearing.  ;D

The Nobles are happy  :)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Ms Trish

I still have a large number of sewing projects that need attention! And we're almost to a single digit countdown!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

auntiegiggles

I skipped sewing today to do "research" at the Pirates Exhibit at the Science Museum.  Ah well......tomorrow is another day ....*giggles*
Everything goes better with giggles

Cofeeguru

Busting my tail to get a hat done in the next week, and then there's the cloak I want for later this year, and a couple more chemises. . .how does this happen every year?!?
"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;"-T.S. Eliot, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

Marietta Graziella

I just realized that the topic of this thread sounds like a question regarding a communicable disease. ROFL!!!  :o

winterland

Yes. you never know what you might catch. As Groomporter said a little calamine lotion. Maybe even a visit to the doctor.

Ms Trish

Quote from: Cofeeguru on August 08, 2012, 04:40:13 PM
Busting my tail to get a hat done in the next week, and then there's the cloak I want for later this year, and a couple more chemises. . .how does this happen every year?!?
I started planning/plotting back in the spring but nothing much got done until suddenly Bristol was upon me! So I totally understand how it happened to you, too!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!