News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Performers and shows

Started by Gauwyn of Bracknell, August 07, 2012, 11:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I see the website is somewhat updated, but I wonder when the schedule may be updated.  Was wondering about the German Bros/twins?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

groomporter

I thought they were mainly street entertainment. Do they have a stage act now?
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Merlin the Elder

They had a stage show a couple years back at Scarby.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

groomporter

Okay it's been a while since they've been at MNRF.
In any case I believe the downloadable PDF schedule changes a little from week to week, so a new one will probably go up shortly before opening.

MissBubu

Some shows/groups are still negotiating contracts.

Will Gamwell

I do believe they are planning on having the finalized schedule up by Tuesday.

Kiss-me-Kate

I believe the schedule has been posted.
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Prof. John Bull

http://renaissancefest.com/Assets/Forms/Guest/DailyProgram_wk1.pdf

Brother Paul does not appear in the schedule, and had previously announced on Facebook that he would not be at MNRF this year.

Music acts The Sidhe and O'Brennan don't appear in the schedule.  No word on whether they'll be appearing only as street acts or not present at all.

The Royal Navy Experience doesn't appear in the schedule.  Their slots at Folkstone well have been taken by an act called "The German Brothers."  There was some construction of a German-looking facade as a stage backdrop going on in that area last time I was on site.

I Arroganti don't appear in the program.  The King's Arbor stage where they used to perform is now to be used for weddings.

There are several other new acts this year: Four Leaf Clover, The Naughty Bawdy Brigade, Big Fellas, Marco, and "The Magic of Will Bradshaw."

MissBubu

The Royal Navy Experience will be located in the green space across from the Legend Stage. I Arroganti decided (yes, their choice) to be a street act this year. I expect them to use the side of the Dungeon as one of their performance spaces. Will Bradshaw has been doing his magic act for a few years on the street. The Naughty Bawdy Brigade is two lovely young ladies singing racy songs. The German Brothers used to be at our fest a while ago, and are former members of Ten Seconds of Harmony.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The German Brothers/Twins are leftovers from Ten Seconds of Harmony, who I miss terribly.

I saw them at Scarby in 2009 and mentioned they needed to get back to Minnesota. Glad to see them on the Schedule.

Zilch, The Tpry Steller(a.k.a Terry Foy), is based out of New York now. Glad to see he is back on the schedule as well. For the MNRF is not the same without him. He has been a fixture there since the mid 70's.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

MissBubu

Quote from: Lady Kathleen of Olmsted on August 16, 2012, 11:16:11 AM
Zilch, The Tpry Steller(a.k.a Terry Foy), is based out of New York now. Glad to see he is back on the schedule as well. For the MNRF is not the same without him. He has been a fixture there since the mid 70's.

Um, Terry never left MNRF, he and his family live in the area. Not sure where you got the info that he's based out of New York. He works at many different festivals around the country.

groomporter

Terry and Lolly have both posted on Facebook about being at the Sterling show in NY recently so that may be the confusion

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Lolly is one of my FB friends. The House in Mankato was For Sale.

I was told back in June by a fellow Associate Professor at Winona State that Lolly and Terry were moving to New York State. I could have gotten bad info.

escherblacksmith

he is also moving stages . . .

per his FB page:
QuoteHeading for Minnesota. Look for me on Treetop Stage at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival. First stage change in twenty years.

--

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The Tree Top Stage works better, for the sound works better for a larger crowd.